Chapter 20 - School

" Ok, Class turn to page 125 and please begin reading the information silently." Ms. Green said. I flipped through the pages. Letting them slip through my fingers. 125.  I quicky looked at Jake. Well the back of his head. I made a smart move by sitting in the back of every class room. I'm also pretty sure that I look like a freak. Everyone here are probably werewolfs. They are all tan. Except me. Luck isn't on my side either. I have every single class with Jake. I've been doing my best to avoid him. I feel bad about telling him not to see me. But I have to keep him safe.

 Everyone looked up at the knock that came from the door. It quickly opened. Byrn. Thank God for this girl. Behind her, someone who I would have never guessed. The angel I saw in the woods. His smile was perfect. Every girl in the room was practically drooling.

" Sorry, were late ms. Green, traffic." he said giving her his breathtaking smile. " It's fine guys, take your seats" she said waving them off. They both stood smiling in the front of the classroom until they walked towards me. I smiled. Everyone turned their heads towards me. They all just stared even Jake. My angel, who still hasn't told me his name, planted a kiss on my cheek. Then smirked at everyone. All the girls sighed and everyone turned around. 

"so whats your name?" I whispered. " Niles, nice to meet you Emily" he said with a smile. I smiled at Bryn and turned back to my book.--

I sat in the corner of the lunch room , the cold of the table made goosebumps arise on my skin. Jacob had a clear view of me. I sat poking at my fries. I looked up at him. Everyone staring at Jacob, who was making his way over to the table. Jake please don't do this. Not here.

 I shook my head at him. I miss him so much. I miss him smiling. He probably hates me now. But that's a price I'm willing to pay, I need to keep him safe. I need to keep them all safe.

I was intrupted by Bryn. She smiled. " Where's Ren?" I asked staring at her.

" The keepers wouldn't allow us to go anywhere but Patrol, but Ren finally convinced them that you needed protection and so Megan threw a fit. But then they agreed that I could come. Then Niles showed up. So were just playing it by ear" she explained taking a drink of water.

" Is that him?" Bryn asked nodding towards Jake's table. I nodded. " I didn't mean to hurt him. But I have to make sure that they are all safe." I said. She stood up puting her napkin on her tray. " Where are you going?" I asked grabbing her arm. Her skin way warmer than mine. " To talk to Jake, if he heard it from someone else, maybe it wouldn't be as personal." she said running her fingers through her hair.

" He doesn't know what I am" I stated.  " I'm always careful" she said walking towards Jake.

" So Niles" I said with a laugh. He looked up from his burger. " What are you supposed to do, like what do Angel's do?" I asked. " Shhh, we have to keep this on the Down low" he said with a semi-serious face. I laughed and then nodded. " I'm here to protect you, and make your life a bit easier." he said jabbing me in the ribs playfully with his elbow.

Jacobs POV

I finally did it, I finally imprinted on her and now I can't see her. I need her. I need to be with her . I can't even think about the pain this is causing me. She looks tired. Her face pale. her eyes dark.

" What exactly did she say?" Jared asked.  " She needed to keep me safe, Well all of us safe" I said looking at my burger. " Or she just doesn't like our kind" Embry butted in. " Her boyfriend is a fucking Alpha" I growled. Seth still remained quiet. " What's up Seth?" I asked  " Maybe you guys shouldn't judge her, You guys have no Idea what she's going through. Maybe it's something bigger than us. You guys are Dicks" Seth stated walking out of the cafeteria. I sighed.

 I turned around as Pauls eyes looked behind me. " Jacob?" I heard a girl behind me. " Yeah?" I asked. " Can I talk to you. It's about Emily?" she asked. " and you are?" I asked standing up. " I'm Byrn" she said shaking my hand. " I'm a friend of Rens, and Emilys" she stated. " Sure" I said walking behind her. Taking one look back at Emily.

" What's up" I said leaning againsnt the wall. " I just wanted to let you know that Emily didn't mean to hurt you. She just. She wants to protect you. For some reason, your very important to her" She said making me scoff. " Is there something wrong with Emily?" I asked concerned. She sighed. " All I can say is that she can't see you. You need to stay away from her" she stated pointing her finger at me.

" What about Ren" I asked anger rising in my voice. " Ren was granted permission, we are giving her protection, were training her and she can't have any distractions." she said. Looking straight in my eyes. " Oh no, you imprinted didn't you" she said. I nodded staring her down. " If any of you hurt her in any way. I'll kill you." I stated. " Were protecting her" She stated.