Chapter 14 - The Surf

Emilys POV

" The swell looks good today" lizzy said looking at her phone. I arrive first to every competition. I like to look at what I'm working with. I've been swimming and surfing for as long as I can remember.I'm excited to see James too. I haven't seen him in, what seems like forever. 

I watched as the waves crashed onto the sand. The water always calmes me down. That's probably because water is the best thing I can bend. I sat in the tent, all the way in the back. I blocked out all the noise of the crowd, people making bets on who would win. I quickly fixed the string on my bikini and grabbed the bottle of sun screen. I put a little on my hand and massaged it on my arms and legs. I put a tiny drop on my finger and started rubbing it on my face.

I held my phone up to check my reflection. It still wasn't rubbed in. I sighed and rubbed a little harder on my face.

" Need a little help?" Ren's voice supprised me. " Sure. what are you doing here?' I asked him. "I came to watch you surf" he said in a duh tone and started to rub my face. His hands were warm. I made a funny face as I felt the sun in my eyes. He chuckled. " What?" I asked him. " Your cute" he said simply making me blush. " Emily" Paul grumbled walking into the tent. I didn't even need to open my eyes. I could hear him and Jake enter the tent. " Hey Paul" I said with a smirk. " Ok, all done" Ren said. " Thanks" " Jacob, this is Ren, Ren this is Jacob and Paul"  I said. " Hey guys" Ren said giving them a small wave. " Hey" they said in unison. " I'm gonna go sit down. Be careful please" Ren said kissing the crown of my hair. I nodded. I watched Ren leave and sit in the sand next to a few other people.

Everything went dark for a minute as I felt hands over my eyes. " Hey James" I said " Damn, how do you always do that?" he said taking a drink of my water. I sighed. " Where's your shirt? Your not competing?" I asked still feeling Jakes eyes on me.

" Nah, I'm not really into it" he said. " What? Why?" I asked digging my toes into the sand. " Since I have no chance of beating you" he said with a chuckle. " Yeah you do" I said quietly. " No, your seriously driven, you need to do this for him Ems. Make him proud of you" he said. I nodded. " Aiden would want you to win" he said kissing my cheek. " Do good, oh, and don't get killed" he said with a small laugh.

" Wow Emily, how many boyfriends ya got?" Paul asked. " That was not my boyfriend" I stated. " Thats just James" I said. " Oh, ok" he said with sarcasm. " I hate you" I mummbled making Jake chuckle.-

" Look's like the Judge's are giving Emily Nichole a 8.3 on her last ride. I'm going to have to say that Emily and Paul are some crowd favorites out here today" I heard Chuck the announcer say as I paddled back out. My arms are so tired. They feel like noodles. The water was pretty cold. But there was only 10 competitors so we are all in the same heats. There are 3 heats. I'm in first, pauls only one point behind me.

 I paddled back out to the line up, and stopped next to Caroline. She's from California, she's really good too. I mean really good. I could see another set on the horizon, but no one else was paddling out to it. So, I started paddling. Water getting in my mouth. I could hear other people trying to catch up with me. I stoped as I could see the wave rising. I started paddling once again. My breathing hard.  I could see Paul on the horizon paddling beside me. I quickly stood with a small thud on my board. The rush from riding a wave is, well I can't describe it.--

" In First place we have 3rd time Champion, Emily Nichole, in second place we have Paul Lahoute, and in third place we have Caroline  Jackson" Bethany said with a smile handing us our trophies.

I did it, I did it for you Aiden.