Chapter 11

AN - I am so sorry for the late update. I've been so busy with several things. Anyway, this is another slow and short chapter. Unedited. Will polish this later. 

Kirk’s POV

I saw my dad come back with the inner circle. They looked like they were squaring at each other and I could feel the tension in the air. Straining my senses, I picked up bits and pieces of their conversation.

“Peter! You disobeyed our orders! We told you to eliminate the abomination!” This came from one of the cold faced inner circle werewolf. He wasn’t that high in the ranks but he still exuded with authority. His face was gaunt with long hard planes and a hooked nose. I remember him now; he was the Beta a generation before dad.

“Pups can be willful, he just disobeyed me it wasn’t worthy of an execution.” Dad barked at him. My ears pricked at what he said. ‘Execution’? OMG! Dy!!!

“Besides,” My dad continued heatedly, “Even if the signs show that he can’t shift, so what? We’ve taken a lot of outcasts and a few unchanged in.”

One of the inner circle elders stepped forward, a pudgy one, and coldly accosted my dad. “He can disobey alpha orders, he can’t shift yet he’s stronger than an alpha in human form Peter! If that’s not an abomination, I don’t know what is!”

The hooked nose elder spoke again berated my dad again. ”You gave that abomination a chance to live. What if he comes back and seek revenge?”

“He’d never think of revenge if we didn’t treat him like that!” Dad barked at the elder who only smirked back.

“You might think what you did was the best Peter?” The elder continued with a cold, humorless voice. “You and your petty pacifist ideals. With all the aberrations we’ve seen so far, what if he’s an Omega?”

I heard Dad’s mouth shut with an audible snap. ‘Omega’? I’ve heard of them before during one of Beta Lucas campfire stories. Omegas were the monsters moms used on pups to scare them. Lucas said the last Omega that appeared was in Europe but that was in the 14th century.

The elder continued, “So that got your attention eh?” He emitted a dry laugh. “All of the elders in the inner pack have reached the same consensus. There is a large possibility that Endymion Smith is an Omega.”

I didn’t know what was going on but a few seconds later my body went cold as the elder continued.

“For the safety of the pack we hereby sentence Endymion Smith to death. The gammas have been ordered to find and execute him upon sight.”

“You dare to order the gammas without my permission?!” Dad growled.

The elder barely flinched at Dad’s anger. “You may be the Alpha, Peter, but remember we’re the Elders. We have authorities that supersede yours.”

I didn’t wait for the conversation to continue. I ran to find Damien as fast as my wolf form could run. I didn’t know where Damien was but I trusted my heart and prayed to the Moon Goddess and wolf gods. By their mercy, I found Damien crossing the border of the Silver Moon pack.

Quickly transforming back into human form, I shouted at him. “Dy!” I saw Damien look at me with surprise.

“Kirk what are you doing here?”

“You have to run! The gammas are going to execute you!” I jumped into his arms my small body engulfed in his warmth.

“I’ll be fine Kirk. They’ll never catch me.” Just then a howl broke the silent night. From a distance I saw a lone wolf with silver grey fur running towards us towing what looked like a large duffle bag in its mouth. Damien’s mom. With a muted crackle of bones and popping joints the Damien’s mom shifted in front of us.