Part 2 - Chapter 7

AN – I'm back! I'm really sorry for the long hiatus. I was picking up pieces of my life after I lost my laptop last year, got into a big fight with my mini boss (you know, the ones that act like boss but they're not but they're powerful anyway because they're suck ups).

Anyway, I can't retrieve all my notes from my previous laptop but I'm still hoping I can reshape the story. Thank you for sticking with me.

~Bentobear

Miki's POV

Ugh! I hate bio class. It's just one of those classes where the teachers go yakity yak about some gross body part. I mean I do like body parts of the boy kind, such as my BOYFRIEND's body parts. I whispered that out loud enough to annoy the cheerleaders across the other table. But noooo. We're talking about body parts from something that has a long tongue and muscled legs. Said legs are twitching right now as I split its chest open. A little bit earlier we knocked out the frogs with chloroform and now we're dissecting it, alive.

I'm no tree hugger but somehow the concept of mutilating a live organism to get an A would make Hannibal Lecter proud. I mean come on, we're in high school and we're dissecting stuff. And society wonders why the serial killers are getting younger and younger. It's not the video games, I tell you!

"Ooooooh!"

The sudden whispered awe beside me caused my hands to slip. "Nyah!" I whirled around to see Ray looking intently at my dissected frog. A loud harrumph at the front of the class kept me from tongue-lashing the white haired minion from hell.

"Sorry missis Ottovordemgentschenfelde."

Yes that's her family name. She's a science major from Germany and everything about her screams torture from her gaunt face with solid gray hair in a bun down to her stiff body in black and white dress and pants to her immaculate pointed black shoes. Even saying her full name is torture. I guess it's only fitting that she teaches a class on how to audition for Saw movies.

"Ray!" I hissed at him. "What are you doing here?!"

The little imp barely shrugged. I traced what he was looking at and I saw that I accidentally on purpose slashed opeb the chest of my frog, exposing the thoracic cavity. Of course, the frog was still alive and Ray saw that the frog's heart was still beating. He was looking at it with a hint of sadness and longing. Argggh! I really can't stay angry at him for a long time!

"We did this last week you know." Ray said quietly. "It's amazing how such a small thing can keep the whole body alive." I hope he meant the frog's heart but I don't think so. "Miki, you're supposed to end its suffering."

Oh.

I took a deep breath and pushed my scalpel forward. One gentle swipe and the heart of the frog rolled out of the open chest and on to the dissecting tray. It pumped weakly for a second or so before stopping. I quickly looked at Ray and I thought I saw something spark behind his eyes.

"Hey." I bumped him gently with my shoulder.

Pale pink eyes looked up at me and an animated smile slowly formed. It was Ray acting up again to cover his lack of emotions.

"Wasn't that fun?" Ray squeaked. "Watch this!" He grabbed rock salt from one of the cupboards and threw a pinch unto my frog. The salt caused the bare frog muscles to twitch and the frog looked like it was dancing the nae nae. All the while Ray was giggling. Several students were looking our way and had mixed reactions from amused to downright horrified.