Part 19

(A/N) Okay... wow... 200 votes! You guys are awesome! (Also, this is the second-to-last chapter, just a heads up. But there will be an Author's Note/Alternative Ending chapter ^-^ I'm not that evil.)

We managed to get Jase to the infirmary. Will and I were ushered away, seeing as we caused this damage. Nobody was particularly sad about it, though.

I placed my hand on Will's shoulder after seeing his worried expression. He brushed it off, smiling a little, small, very tiny, almost nonexistent smile. "I should be the one comforting you." He chuckled a bit.

"Are you okay, though?" I gave him a concerned look.

"To be honest, I am worried," he admitted. "About two things." I raised an eyebrow and motioned for him to carry on.

"I'm worried about what happened, and if it'll happen again." He leaned his head on my shoulder. "Like, I couldn't stop it. And what if I get mad at you and...?"

I kissed his forehead for comfort. "Nobody is as much of an ass as Jase. Not even me." He smiled at me, a true, Will-like dorky smile. A Best Friend Will smile.

"The second problem is kind of connected to the first," Will continued.

"Oh?" I asked. "And what's that?" I had some idea of what it was.

"I want to know... what are we?" He looked up at me with huge, puppy like eyes. "I know you probably don't want to date me after seeing how I look with fire as my eyes, but-"

I cut him off by slamming my lips on his. His words turned into rough, muffled noises. And those turned into the sound of our lips against each other. Moving in perfect sync.

We both sort of backed away at the same time. "That's what we are," I whispered.

Will gave me a Dork SupremeTM smile. It was so him, that I couldn't help myself.

I smiled back. For the first time in a while.

Kayla came into the waiting room area. "Jase is going to live," she told us. "Unfortunately." Will and I dropped our smiles, sending them deep in Tartarus.

"Three fuckin' deep cuts to the stomach," I said. "That's a lot to manage -- for both of you."

Will wrapped his arm around me, nuzzling our noses together. "And Jase was a lot for you to manage. You're probably going to need therapy or something."

I kissed his nose, then pressed mine against his again. "Not worst than Tartarus. Remember, I survived that."

"Bu-"

I pressed a finger up to his lips. "All I need is you."

"Not tr-"

"And your kisses. Those are very nice."

"Okay maybe, bu-"

"And your smile." I closed my eyes, lightly pressing my lips to his. I could feel him smile into the kiss. Opening my eyes, I saw the most beautiful eyes staring back at me. I saw his cheeks were raised into a smile.

Gods, what did I do to deserve him?