Part 18

I stepped into ths shadow of the nearest tree and shadow traveled to the Hades Cabin. Sure, it was probably a shit move, Jase was probably there, but I could at least try and help Will?

The point is, I'd rather it be me getting beat up instead of him.

Once the travel had ended, I emerged from the shadows created beneath my bed. The door banged open. Was it Will, maybe?

"JASE, YOU FAT MOTHER FUCKER!" Yup, definitely Will. "COME HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT, YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET THE BLOODY CHESTNUTS BEATEN OUT OF YOU!" I will admit, that was the most Will had ever cursed in his life. Might I say, I was a bit impressed.

There wasn't an answer for a while. I stayed under the bed, listening to Will's raged breathing.

Suddenly, the shower door opened. (Pluto was the god of riches, so Hazel demanded that luxury.) Jase emerged from a smoke filled room. His dark hair glistened, and his yellow-tinted skin dripped with water. All he had was a towel wrapped around his waist.

He said, "Shut the hell up, you dumbass faggot."

That's when I nearly revealed myself. Nobody, and I mean fucking nobody, talks to my unofficial boyfriend that way.

Will yelled in fury, lunging at Jase as he pulled a stunning celestial bronze sword from his side. Jase easily dodged him. I growled in fury, luckily muffled by grunts of rage being emitted from the two boys.

"Kick him in the balls," I whispered as Will slammed Jase's head into his knee. The sword was long forgotten.

I don't know how it happened, but Jase landed on the grown. Blood was gushing out a gash in his head. He skidded right in front of me.

We made eye contact.

Jase smirked. "Scared to come out?" He whispered.

"Who are you talking to?" Will demanded. "If you're hiding someone under Nico's bed so help me gods-"

I climbed out from under the bed. I hadn't seen Will's face, and let me tell you, he was badly beaten up. His face had multiple places where there was blood, but the skin didn't break. And then there were places where the skin did break. There were also bruises, scratches, he had a black eye.

Will looked surprise, obviously, but once his eyes broke from me and went back to Jase, I saw a side of him I've never seen.

Or wish to see again.

His eyes turned somewhat to the color of the sun. Like, the actual sun. Huge balls of flames overtook his irises. To be honest, I was a bit terrified.

Will grabbed his sword and ran at Jase with even more fury and rage then before. Jase didn't move. He must have been paralyzed in fear, too. Just the look of Will's eyes mixed with the fury of his face...

Not a pretty sight.

I closed my eyes as soon as I heard the woosh of the sword swinging.

All I heard was screams I've never heard before.

The screams of Jase Lee.

Will's sword dropped to the floor. His eyes were now sky blue -- my favorite color. But his eyes were huge. I couldn't see what he was feeling, but I was afraid. What if he decided to go on some murderous rampage?

I looked at Jase. Three huge gashes were cut across his chest. Blood was oozing out of him at alarming speeds.

"Will!" I shouted, causing Will to snap out of the trance he was in. "We need to get him to the infirmary!" Sweat was dripped down both of their faces.

Will nodded, helping me haul Jase to the infirmary.