Part 13

The walk there was long, leaving plenty of room for conversation. Unfortunately, Will remembered his Consideration Points and stuff.

"Umm..." Will started out looking sheepish. "I'm not saying you owe me a date -- because you don't! I'm just saying... you said I'd get a date in two weeks." He ended in mumbles and whispers.

I looked up at Will. "When was this, again?"

"Three months ago."

I blushed, remembering the situation now. That's when Will had kissed me. I'm trying to remember how I felt at the time, but now I think being kissed by Will Solace would be nice.

But if I wanted him to kiss me, he would no longer be Best Friend Will, right? Your date-mate isn't your best friend. That's the laws of society.

But I liked Best Friend Will as Best FriendTM as well as a possible mate.

"Can your best friend also be your date-mate slash queer-platonic babe?" I asked. Society didn't matter compared to Will's opinion.

"Sure." Well, that cleared it all up.

The McDonald's was a block away now. I tried to imagine what Will would think of me if I ordered a Happy Meal. He knew I liked McDonald's, but he didn't know what I liked to order.

My stomach growled as we entered the building. It smelled of artificial food, chemicals, and weed. There was a group of teenagers dressed in black, so I assumed the weed smell was from them. Other than the marijuana scent, the place smelled great. Will scrunched up his nose at the odor.

"No offence," he said, "but how does anyone eat this stinking stuff?"

"Shut up," I retorted. "It's good."

"Sure." There was a high amount of sarcasm in that statement. Almost lethal.

"Just go find a seat," I told him. "Oh, and what do you want?"

Will scanned the menu for a good 2.5 seconds. "Whatever you get is fine." I blushed a light pink. I was planning on ordering a Happy Meal. Nothing else here is good to me, and nothing else comes with a toy.

I gulped and stepped up to the cashier.

"Welcome to McDoanld's. What can I get you?" He said in a bored voice, as if he'd rather be anywhere else in the world but here.

"Can I get a," I glanced up at the menu (surprisingly, it's not called the McMenu) and ordered the first burger I saw. Will wouldn't want a Happy Meal and I knew that.

"Anything else?"

Sweat was dripping down my forehead. People were judging me and I knew it. "And a Happy Meal. That's all."

I quickly handed him a wad of cash, not sure how much it was. Then I sort of crab walked to the food pick up, where my order was waiting. I placed the drinks in front of the Happy Meal box so Will wouldn't notice it at first.

I plopped down next to Will, who chose to sit at stools. "That wasn't long," he noted. I nodded and handed him his burger and Coke, which I hoped he liked. Will wasn't a big fan of soft drinks, but he always chose a Coke if he had to have a soda.

Blushing, I started to eat. Will was too enthralled in his food to notice at first.

At first.

I felt a pair of eyes on me. Slowly, I turned to face Will who was trying to contain giggles.

My face slammed into the bar-like-thing a few times.

"A Happy Meal?" He asked, laughter ringing in his words.

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Adorable." He tried to make it sound like a sigh or giggle, but I heard him. The cheeky bastard.

I groaned, and Will blushed, knowing I'd heard him.