Part 11

(A/N) Last chapter of today. Then sleeps. Night.

"Where the hell have you been?" Jase exclaimed. His fists were clenched again. This can't mean anything good for me.

"I-I was with a friend." My body was trembling. I didn't want to relive last night. I prayed to every god I could imagine that he wouldn't hit me.

"Hah, you mean that faggot shit?" He chuckled as my face ran white.

"Don't talk about him that way!" I tried to yell but my voice was very small.

"Defending your little boyfriend?" Jase gave me an evil grin. "Disgusting."

And it started again. He hit me, but this time I couldn't hold in my screams. The bruises and sores only made it harder to fend him off.

The pain seared through me. There wasn't anything I could do about this. I'd just have to take it like a demigod. I felt the waffles churning in my stomach, about to explode out.

My screams swallowed the silence that was previously in the cabin. I sounded like a dying pterodactyl. Jase tried to make me shut up by hitting harder every time I screamed.

This was effective for a while. I was silent, only letting out w few whimpers and Jase continued to beat the living hell out of me. I wasn't strong enough to summon skeletons, and I wasn't strong in general. There was no way for me to win this.

Fortunately for every bone in my body, there was a knock on the door. My whimpering and whines of pain silenced as Jase jumped away from me. He pretended to be asleep on his bed. That left me to answer the door.

Jase had managed to throw off my hoodie without me knowing, but I wasn't bothered to put it back on.

I opened the door, revealing Will's chipper face. "Hey!" His voice was very excited for some reason. I hid my arms behind my back.

"Hi," I replied. My voice was a bit etchy due to about two swings at the throat.

"I was wondering if you'd be interested in climbing the rock wall with me?" Will was all gentleman-like. He held out his hand, which I accepted. I was being a bit sarcastic, but Will was non-the-less greatful.

Bad move, Nico.

Will's eyes turned the size of a football field as he quickly examined the bruises, cuts and scrapes on my arm. The whole thing was some shade of purple.

"Nico!" He gasped, sliding my elbow length sleeves up to my shoulder. His expression got real angry, almost demonic. "Who did this?"

I yanked my arm back from him. "I took a run through the forest. Falling does quite a lot to a person."

Will gave me a skeptical look. He was going to be keeping a sharper eye out from now on.

"Anyhow!" I cleared the air a bit. "Ready for me to kick your ass on this thing?"

He let out a shaky sigh, trying to lose track of the current train of thoughts he was on. "Lets do this."