Part 12

(A/N) So... Thanks for all the reads and votes guys! This is amazing and literally... wow. Thanks!!!

Just so you know, I kicked Will's ass in the Rock Wall Race.

***

Jase continued to beat me once -- if not twice -- a day. My energy was low and drained. I could barely keep up my act of being "fine". I was tired, sleep-deprived and stressed from worrying about Will and how he'd react to seeing me like this - and knowing the truth about it.

Getting use to Jase wasn't difficult. Getting use to the powers he had was. Jase's mouth ran twenty-four/seven. He seemed to have some sort of extra strength, probably from being a demigod and a heavy weight lifter. Sometimes he'd summon skeletons to help the torment, those which I couldn't control. I was too weak to gain over his power.

This went on for at least three months.

School wasn't something I worried about anymore. Will was a great Study-Buddy, and I appreciated his help. Even despite the worried glances he'd shoot at me ever so often.

I'd stopped being happy -- or at least trying to be happy now. People seemed to notice this. And Will noticed many of my new and odd behaviors.

And that's what brings us here, in third period Science with Mr. Stonewall. He was rambling about physics and atoms and the creation of life; all of which was too much for me to understand.

"Nico," Will hissed, passing me a slip of paper. I opened it, squinting to decifer his scratchy, doctor-like handwriting.

Going off campus for lunch. Join me?

I looked over at him. He wiggled his eyebrows in a flirtatious way. I groaned, very sarcastically and gave a small nod. "Idiot," I muttered under my breath.

The bell rang, echoing throughout the empty hallways. Then doors burst open to reveal tidal waves of hungry children racing off to find the nearest Chick-fil-a.

I went to find Will. Maneuvering through the students was easier for a short person, so we always came to an agreement that I'd be the one to meet Will.

I found him standing next to the water fountains.

"Hey," he said, linking our arms. I cringed a little.

"Where are we going?" I asked, silently begging he didn't say Waffle House. His waffle craving was probably gone by now, though. It had already lasted a few weeks.

"I was thinking McDonald's." Gods damn it, Will knew exactly what I wanted.

"You're amazing," I whispered under my breath, hoping he didn't hear me.

"What was that?" Will asked, cupping a hand around his ear. The little over dramatic fluff.

"Lets get going," I stated.