3.1

don't point out typos unless you're nice about it this chapter sucks just apologizing in advance

-

It didn't bother me that Ashton didn't stand outside of my house and wait for me to come out so we could walk to the bus stop together today. I figured that he was probably upset with me, I felt like Michael probably told him about everything. I think I would be more upset if he didn't, because there was no point anymore. Michael had no reason to not talk to Ashton anymore and he knew that, we all knew that.

I slowly walked up to the bus stop behind Ashton, almost scared of how he was going to react to all of this. I didn't know what Michael had told him, or if he said anything to Ashton at all. I just loved Ashton a lot, and I didn't want him to be mad at me for something like this.

"Murphy!" Ashton shouted at me as I walked across the street, practically shaking from both my nerves and the cold.

"Hi." I said softly, walking up next to him. I felt like crying again, because I knew that he was going to be mad when I told him about Michael and I and our friendship for the past few months. How could he not? I promised Ashton that I would say something if Michael ever talked to me and I completely ignored that.

"Hi." Ashton repeated, coming towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him, resting his chin on the top of my head as I buried my face into his chest.

"I'm sorry." I said into his shirt, but I'm not sure if he was able to hear me or not.

"Hey, don't be sorry. Are you okay?" Ashton asked, running his hands up and down my back.

"Not exactly." I pulled away from him, shaking my head.

"Is this about what happened yesterday? With Michael?" Ashton asked, and I felt a huge knot form in my stomach. This was it, I was going to have to confess everything.

I nodded, biting down on my bottom lip.

"Are you going to tell me what happened? I'm confused, Murphy, please tell me what's up." Ashton said, leaning down so he was able to look into my eyes.

"I - I don't know, we just - " I could hardly speak properly, I had no idea how I was supposed to explain to Ashton that for the past few months I've been talking to his best friend behind his back.

" - Because when I got home you were crying and you ran away and then I went inside and Michael was crying really hard and then he locked himself in his room. He still won't talk to me, I just don't - what did he say to you?" Ashton thankfully cut me off, because I didn't know how I was going to explain all of this just yet.

"It was just an argument, it got kind of out of hand." I mumbled, still unsure of how to say what I needed to say.

"Did he start it? Did he say something to you first? Dani, I'm sorry, you know he gets upset sometimes, I don't think he took his meds yesterday and he probably just blew up over something small..." Ashton rambled on, not letting me explain anything. I wasn't sure if he was just trying to defend Michael or because he didn't actually want to know the truth, but I was getting frustrated with him.

"I don't know, he was drinking, it was a mix of the alcohol and...some other things." I said blankly, desperately trying to think up some way that I could just change the subject, at least for a little while, until I could think of a better way to tell Ashton all of this.

"Why did you let him drink? Dani, he's not supposed to be drinking." Ashton said sternly. He put a hand on my shoulder and looked down at me while he talked, making me feel a lot more vulnerable than I was feeling before.