2.1

Since becoming Ashton's girlfriend things hadn't really changed between us, which I guess I considered to be a good thing. Ashton and I still acted the same way we had before, things were just more...official now. I always liked relationships like that, where you felt as though you were dating someone that you could also call your best friend.

"Do you hear that?" Ashton whispered, his arms wrapped around my waist as we laid on his bed.

"Hear what?" I laughed quietly. Ashton had been talking about hearing something almost all night, and I was getting a little tired of it now.

"I can hear someone talking in Michael's room." Ashton sat up. He learned towards the wall, the same wall that separated his room from Michael's. I leaned towards it as well. Ashton was right, someone was talking.

"I don't hear anything." I lied. It wasn't Michael's voice, I knew that, and I assumed that it was the girl he had been hanging out with recently. I didn't want to say anything because I knew Michael didn't want Ashton to know about that.

"It sounds like a girl." Ashton paused, listening again. "Do you think he's watching porn?"

"It definitely doesn't sound like porn." I laughed. There was too much talking for it to be considered porn, plus I knew that Michael would use headphones if that was the case. It was the girl and Ashton was completely clueless, which I found a lot funnier than I should.

"Jesus, whoever it is talks so fast." Ashton chuckled. He crawled off of the bed and stood up, walking over to his dresser.

"He's probably watching a movie or something." I shrugged, trying to keep a cover Michael as best as I could. He would tell Ashton what was going on eventually, but for now I could tell that he wanted to keep whatever he was doing with this girl a secret.

"I don't know," Ashton sighed. "I could have sworn I heard another person in the house earlier."

"I think Michael would let you know if he was bringing anyone over." I sat on the edge of the bed, watching Ashton as he dug through the piles of trash on top of his dresser.

"Eh, I don't know, Murphy. Maybe I'm just so used to not hearing him talk that I'm making things up." Ashton laughed. He finally stopped digging around in the junk on the dresser and leaned up against it, smirking at me from across the room.

"Again?" I groaned, nodding to the pack of cigarettes Ashton had picked up.

"I only went out once today!" Ashton protested. It was true, he had gotten a little better about his smoking habit, but that didn't mean that he was completely over it. I wasn't sure if he even wanted to quit, he seemed pretty content with what he was doing now. I figured that eventually Ashton would have a desire to give up smoking, but as of now he didn't have a need to. "You came come with me, you know. Smoke one, if you want."

"I'd rather not." I shook my head at him. There were a few times that I had gone out and had a cigarette with Ashton or smoked a little while we were at the bus stop, and that was okay. I hadn't gotten hooked on it yet, and that's what I was trying to prevent.

"Alright I'm so sorry, I promise I won't be long." Ashton said, leaning over all the way and kissing me once on the forehead before making his way out of the room.

As soon as I heard the back door slam shut I hopped off of Ashton's bed, immediately making my way to Michael's room. I knocked on the door, hoping that Michael would actually come and answer it. The talking had stopped, and I was afraid that they were doing something else now.

Michael opened the door very slowly, sticking his head out just slightly so I could barely see him. Once he realized it was me he opened the door just a little wider, but still not letting me see a lot of him.