2.5

"Irwin speaking." Ashton answered the phone, already laughing at himself.

"You're such a dork." I giggled into the phone, actually finding what Ashton had said funnier than I shove have.

"What's up, babyyyy." Ashton continued laughing, and for a second I was sure that Ashton was drunk. It was only 12:30 in the afternoon and I had just woken up myself, there was no way that Ashton could be this energetic so early in the day.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"Nothing's up. I'm just laying in bed...thinking about my girlfriend..." Ashton trailed off. I wasn't sure exactly how he was thinking of me, so I didn't ask about that. Either way, I felt my cheeks heat up at both the way he called me his girlfriend and how he said he was thinking about me. Ashton and I had been dating for a while now, but I still wasn't completely used to this.

"You seem oddly happy today." I stated, still wondering if Ashton was drunk or not. Once you got to know Ashton he really was a generally happy person, but not normally as happy as this.

"It's the presence of my girlfriend, A.K.A you." Ashton sighed. "I can feel it from all the way down the block."

"Presence? We're on the phone." I laughed.

"Your hotness is, like, radiating through the phone." Ashton said, suddenly sounding out of breath. I heard a thud on the other side of the phone and let out a sigh, waiting for Ashton to come back. He laughed, "I just dropped my phone, sorry."

"Right." I said, nodding even though I knew Ashton couldn't see me.

"So what's up? Why did you call?" Ashton asked. He still sounded overly-happy, but at least he was able to have a normal conversation with me now.

"I just wanted to say hi." I said. "And I need to ask you something."

"Ooh, you have to ask me something?" Ashton sounded excited, desperately waiting for me to ask whatever I had to.

"Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?" I asked. I knew that I should have talked to Ashton about this earlier, I had all week to ask if he would join my parents and I for dinner tonight, but I put it off as usual. I wasn't scared so much about asking Ashton to come over as I was about the night actually happening. I was hoping that my mom wouldn't go completely crazy on Ashton, but I had no way to control if she did or not.

"Dinner..." Ashton trailed off. I could hear him moving around through the phone, and I gave him a second to get himself situated to see if he was going to say anything else. "Is this like, eating Mexican food on the couch and making out dinner or - or dinner, dinner?"

"What exactly is 'dinner, dinner'?" I asked.

"The meet your parents dinner." Ashton said, letting out a small groan.

"Yeah, it's that." I sighed, wishing that tonight could be a 'eating Mexican food on the couch an making out' dinner instead.

"Fuck." Ashton swore.

"My dad wants to meet you." I said.

"The same dad that chased me down the street after he caught me kissing you?" Ashton asked.

"Well, that's the only one." I laughed.

"You're so cute." Ashton muttered, sounding like he was looking for something. Sometimes his voice would be louder and other times it would be softer, like he kept moving the phone around. "Yeah, I'll come over tonight."

"Will you really?" I asked.

"Of course, do you want me to wear and suit and tie and everything? You know, I'll impress your snobby mom." Ashton laughed, "Oops, did I say that out loud?"