0.6

"This is crazy. It's been 25 minutes and the bus still isn't here." I groaned, tapping my foot on the ground. I was growing more and more impatient now and Ashton's humming and kicking at the ground was not helping.

"Calm down, is it really such a crime to miss first period?" Ashton stopped humming and looked up at me. He tossed his pack of cigarettes and a lighter to me, as if that would make me feel better.

I threw the lighter back at him, hitting his shoulder. I held onto the cigarettes, though I didn't really know why. I guess I just needed something to hold onto.

"The school is going to call my house and tell them I'm ditching." I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at Ashton.

"We still have 10 minutes until the first bell rings." Ashton shrugged.

"We'll never make it." I cried, throwing my hands up.

"Christ, Murphy. You need to learn to live a little." Ashton laughed. He took his sunglasses off and rested them on top of his head, squinting to see me clearly. He brought his hand up to his lips, letting them fold around his cigarette, and breathed in and out slowly.

"You know, if I had my car keys this wouldn't be happening." I shook my head, more upset with myself than anyone else. If I hadn't been so stupid I wouldn't have gotten the keys taken away in the first place, and then both of us wouldn't be in this mess.

"That's kind of you're own fault, Murphy." Ashton chuckled.

"I know, Irwin." I sighed.

"Who was it?" He spoke after a minute. "Who did you try sneaking into the house?"

"What? I don't remember, I was drunk." I scowled back at Ashton. He had this thing about him, where he insisted that he knew everything. I couldn't stand it.

"Oh you don't remember! That's perfect! You have no idea?" Ashton gasped, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Well, not really. Like I said, I was drunk. We just came back to my house to...you know." I blushed, hating that I was admitting this to Ashton.

"Wow, Murphy. That's actually exactly what I'd expect from you." He continued to laugh.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You go out to some big party and get yourself piss drunk with some random guy you met outside and instead of staying there and hooking up with him like a normal person would you decide to go back to your place. Your parents have some cool water bed or something that you want to have sex on, am I right? Man, having sex on a water bed would be fun..." Ashton trailed off as he looked past me, down the street.

"And?" I looked up at him, wondering if he had any more assumptions about me. Which so far had all been spot on, might I add.

"And of course you don't know that your parents are coming home from their little vacation a night earlier than expected so you walk right through the front door, only for them to find you and this guy tearing each other's clothes off while walking up the stairs." Ashton replied with a smug look on his face. "Then you don't even bother to learn this boys name, and he doesn't care about yours either."

I was getting really suspicious now, Ashton knew too much. It was one thing for him to know a little about my parents, everyone did. But he knew weird things, little things about me that I had only told my closest friends. It was starting to scare me, even though I knew that's exactly what he wanted.

"Okay, what are you? Do you have secret cameras hidden around my house or something? Who told you all of that?" I interrogated him.

"I told you I knew a lot more than you thought." Ashton smirked at me.

"I'm serious, Irwin." I folded my arms over my chest.

"I was talking to one of your friends." Ashton shrugged.

"Who?" I asked, squinting to see him past the sun. With how hot it was outside I would expect Ashton to at least be wearing a short sleeved shirt, but that wasn't the case. He wore his dark colored pants and a jean jacket, which he looked amazing in, even if he probably was sweating like crazy.

"The dark haired one. Is he Asian?" Ashton scratched the back of his neck, looking to the sky as if he was searching for his answer there.

"Calum? No, I don't think he's Asian." I laughed, though I didn't really know if he was or wasn't. He and I hardly even talked, I wouldn't know.

"Anyway, he's in my gym class. We were talking about you." Ashton smirked. He finished his cigarette and let it drop to the ground, crushing it underneath his foot.

"Oh, were you?" I smirked back.

"Yeah, we were. I asked about you, actually." He beamed at me. He reminded me of a little boy I used to babysit when I was 14; he would do the most annoying things yet I never got him in trouble because I thought he was so adorable.

"Well," I sighed, folding my arms across my chest. "Calum's in no position to be telling you about my personal life."

"I'm not going to tell anyone, Murphy. Calm down." Ashton chuckled.

"I am calm." I said, scowling at him.

Ashton scoffed, not believing me. "I was just trying to mess around with you."

"Whatever." I sighed. Ashton looked down at me, still smiling. No matter how miserable this boy acted, it seemed like he was always smiling. A permanent grin that just couldn't be wiped away.

"I think he has a little crush on you." Ashton said, reaching up and scratching the side of his face.

"Who, Calum?" I questioned. I wouldn't be surprised if he did, because he didn't do a very good job of hiding it. Luke had even dropped hints before, so Calum having a crush on me wasn't something I wasn't expecting.

"Yeah." Ashton nodded. He felt around in his pockets, most likely looking for his pack of cigarettes. That's when I remembered that I was holding it, and I decided I wouldn't be giving them back.

"I'm not giving this back to you." I said in response to Ashton holding his hand out in front of him.

"Come on, Murphy. I'll buy you your own pack if you just give those back." He groaned. I didn't even need my own pack, I had Ashton to supply me with one of his cigarettes whenever I was feeling in the mood to smoke one.

"How many cigarettes do you smoke a day, like, 50?" I asked. I hadn't known many smokers in my short life, but I had never seen anyone smoke as much as Ashton did. I didn't know how he handled it, or how his body handled it for that matter.

"A lot less than that, Murphy. Can I have them back, please?" He begged. I have in and tossed them back to him, tying not to show that I cared whether he got lung cancer or not.

"The bus still isn't here." I said, stating the obvious.

"Oh, really? I had no idea considering that we're still standing out on the corner." Ashton chuckled. He walked around in a circle around me, stopping again when he reached my front.

"Let's ditch." I said abruptly. I think I was the last thing both Ashton and I expected me to say. I was the one complaining about getting a call home from school earlier about being late and now I'm suggesting that we ditch it all together.

"And go where?" Ashton asked.

"Anywhere." I shrugged. I had never ditched before, this was all so exciting to me. I loved the thought of being out and having fun while everyone else was stuck in school, working away.

Ashton sighed, thinking about it or a moment. Finally he took my hand and pulled me down the street again, leaving everything else behind. "Okay, I know a place. But even though we're going to be spending the day together you have to remember that we are, under no circumstances, never, ever, going to be friends."