1.2

"Michael, have you eaten at all today?" Ashton called from the kitchen. He had invited me back over to hang out, because apparently Michael wanted to see me again. I didn't know if that was true or not because Michael hadn't shown any interest in me at all, but I practically jumped at the chance to come over here.

"Do you want me to make you a sandwich?" Ashton yelled, he was doing everything in hopes that Michael would respond to him somehow.

Michael turned to me and rolled his eyes, then returned to his video game.

"I don't think he's hungry!" I called back to Ashton.

"Michael," Ashton sighed, opening and shutting some cabinets in the kitchen. "You have to eat something. You can't take all your medicine on an empty stomach."

Michael's lips formed into a small smirk as both of our eyes traveled to the multitude of pill bottles laying out on the table. Ashton told me Michael had to take all of them twice a day, to keep everything in check. I honestly felt bad for Michael, with Ashton constantly pestering him about these things. But I knew he was only trying to do what was best for him.

Ashton entered the room again, surprisingly empty handed. "You'll make yourself sick if you don't have any food when you take them." He shook his head at Michael and sat down between us.

Michael shrugged, not taking his eyes off of his video game.

"This happens everyday." Ashton whispered, leaning into me.

I would like to think that after our "date" Ashton and I would at least act a little more than friendly with each other, but we didn't. I just thought it would be different, considering that we both knew we had definite feelings for each other. But Ashton hadn't done anything more than hold my hand a few times while we were waiting for the bus. I guess I couldn't blame him, he obviously just got out of a relationship, he probably wasn't ready just yet.

"Does he ever eat?" I asked, remembering that Michael didn't eat very much when we went out for lunch a few weeks ago either.

"Hardly." Ashton whispered back. "I just want to help him, you know?"

I nodded.

"Michael, come on. Please eat something. If you eat, we can go to that park you like to walk around in. We used to go there all the time." Ashton offered, trying again.

Michael scoffed and took his phone out of his pocket, typing away on it quickly before putting it away again.

Ashton's phone went off a second later. He picked it up from the coffee table and read over the message quickly, his eyes growing wide at whatever Michael said. He stood up and threw his phone down on the ground, stepping in front of Michael.

"Can you just talk to me? Please? I'm so sorry, Michael, I really am. How many times do I have to say it? Please, just say something to me." Ashton begged. Michael just looked up at him and shook his head, his lips set in a straight line.

"Michael," Ashton whined. "Please. Please, you can't just leave me alone like this, you're all I have. You can't ignore me for the rest of your life. Talk to me, please."

I didn't know how often this happened between them, but now I felt really bad for Ashton too. Michael was basically all he had left, and now he was being ignored. Whatever Ashton did to hurt Michael probably wasn't worth this, they didn't need to be in this constant battle with each other.

"Michael, you have to talk to me, please say something. You can't stay mad at me forever." Ashton pleaded with him one last time.

Michael still didn't speak, he only tried to look around Ashton and back at his video game. Ashton's face twisted into a look of sadness and confusion when Michael ignored him.