3.0

Again with the typos just don't point them out and you don't diE its as easy as that

-

I knocked on the door, my heart beating fast as I waited for someone to answer it. Michael had called me over to talk, since I hadn't seen him or Ashton in a week and we had one day left of winter break before school started again. I really hoped that Ashton wouldn't be here, because I had to talk to Michael and from how he sounded on the phone, he had some things to say to me as well.

I've only talked to Ashton twice in the past week, and both times were phone conversations that ended too early because one of us got frustrated and hung up on the other. It was just hard for me to have a conversation with him when I knew something that he didn't, and I desperately wanted to talk to him about what Luke told me, but I didn't know how I was supposed to bring it up.

"Door's open!" Someone yelled from inside, and I just shrugged and opened the door myself.

The house was completely dark except a small stream of light coming from a window in the kitchen, other than that everything in the living room just looked like big black blobs, shadows that I couldn't exactly make out.

"Uh, hello?" I called. Someone sitting on the couch stirred, and I almost gave myself a heart attack before realizing that it was just Michael.

"Hi, Dani." He said, giving me a small wave. His actions made it seem like he was enthusiastic but his voice really didn't give off that vibe, he sounded bored.

"Jesus, would you turn a light on, please?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

Michael sighed and leaned over the side of the couch, reaching up to switch on a lamp sitting on an end table next to him.

"Is that better?" Michael asked sarcastically, taking a drag from a cigarette.

"Are you smoking?" I asked. I kicked my shoes off and brought my legs up on the couch, tucking them underneath my body, making myself at home like I always did when I was here.

"Yes, do you have a problem with that?" Michael groaned. He rolled his eyes before picking up a bottle from the floor - obviously some type of alcohol - and taking a big sip.

"Where's Ashton?" I asked, realizing that I probably should have asked if he was here sooner, just in case he decided to pop out of his room.

"Out. You know, out." Michael said, as if I should know what that meant.

I stared blankly back at him, not really sure what out meant. I felt stupid because I probably should have, but there wasn't anything coming to mind. I was still a little confused about the rest of this, I didn't have time to go back and think about all of the possible places Ashton could be.

"He's at her grave." Michael said, bringing the cigarette to his lips again. He sounded so bitter, even when he was talking about his own sister.

"Oh." I nodded.

"You know he still loves her." Michael said, sounding almost like he was going to laugh. Instead of laughing he coughed, turning to the side and covering his mouth.

"Michael..." I said hesitantly. As much as I loved Ashton and understood his position I didn't really like hearing that he still loved his ex-girlfriend. I wanted Ashton to love me, not someone that has no way of loving him back.

"Sorry, just telling you the truth." Michael shrugged.

"What's wrong?" I asked. There was definitely something up. Michael never acted like this.

Michael paused for a minute, thinking about my question as a stream of smoke from his cigarette flew around above our heads. Finally, he shrugged. "There's no point anymore."