Ch-60 For Good

One Week Later

Gracelynn is almost two weeks old already and her brothers, especially Jaxon who is the biggest mama's boy, are very jealous of all of the attention she gets. And Josiah already gave her a little lump on her forehead by flinging his toy around. Two toddlers and a newborn is definitely an interesting adventure.

Sometimes they can be really sweet though, like when they give her kisses or actually listen when I say "gentle".

Cole has been so helpful and believe it or not, I'm not that sleep deprived. He comes over most nights and helps with Gigi. I wish he wouldn't go to Texas. I need him here and he has been doing so well with our babies. I'm confident that his presence is finally making a positive impact on all of us. There is no more instability where he is involved, for now anyway.

Lord knows the boys are just so obsessed with their daddy. Luckily I still have Gigi's heart for awhile before she turns on me too.

Today I am taking Gigi on her first outing while Cole watches the boys at his moms. Gracelynn and I are going to visit Hannah. Hannah has been facetiming me everyday to check up on Gigi and the boys and hasn't been able to meet her yet. She was supposed to visit me in the hospital but she only had a few free hours to drive there and back and she ended up with a flat tire.

Before I left town I stopped at my parents to pick up a few outfits that my mom had bought for Gigi and the boys.

I pulled into the driveway and unbuckled Gracelynn from her carseat, carrying her towards the door.

"Hey Jess come over here," my dad hollared from by the barn where another man was making a hay purchase and the bales were being loaded on the trailer.

"Hold on," I yelled back and brought Gigi in the house, handing her off to my mom. "Dad wants me outside real quick," I told her and went out the front door again.

I walked towards the barn and tucked a lose curl behind my ear as I neared my dad and his client. I swear I almost thought about just turning away and walking back towards the house when I saw who it was, as rude as that sounds. But I didn't because he deserves more than that.

"Hi Luke," I greeted him nervously and kept my distance. I think about him sometimes and how different my life would be right now if I hadn't gotten pregnant with Gigi and we were still together.

"Hi Jessalynn," he smiled that lively smile that I used to like a lot. He is so full of life and I'm not. I envy him. He casually moved closer for a hug and I patted his back lightly.

"You had your baby?" He asked and I nodded with a small smile. My dad smiled at me and I felt so angry at my dad for doing this to me. He knows that I was involved with Luke and that's why he called me over. He liked Luke more than he has ever and will ever like Cole. My dad actually hates Cole and hardly even makes an effort to pretend anymore. He walked away to go do something else and left me with Luke.

"Almost two weeks ago. Gracelynn Gale," I told him and put my hands in my sweater pocket.

"That's a beautiful name," he complimented. "Congratulations," he smiled again. "Are you and Cole married or engaged," he asked bluntly and I suddenly felt uncomfortable with the topic.

I shifted my weight and hesitantly answered. "He's a good father, not a good boyfriend," I replied and crossed my arms after taking my hands out of my pocket.

"How are the boys? I miss them," he asked and I nodded.

"They are doing really well. They are practically giants compared to Gigi now," I laughed and so did he. Oh god I miss Luke and I didn't even know it. He has always been a fun person to be around and he is so full of life.