Ch- 12 Another Option

It was just another typical day. I was laying around in my room with a fan blowing on me. I can't stand having nothing to do. I don't have friends to hang out with and no schooling or job so here I am being lazy. Mom still won't address my situation. So practically nothing's changed.

I even tried talking to her subtly about the topic by saying, "Wow my stomachs getting big." But all she did was ask me to get her a fork. Then another day I told her that my nausea is getting better, she said "Yeah I wasn't feeling well last night either." So operation get mom to open up is a failure.

My stomach is so huge! I can't believe it's going to get so much bigger. I'm not used to not being able to see my shoes. I can only see the tips and soon enough it'll be a struggle to put shoes on. I'm definitely not looking forward to that. If the weather wasn't getting colder I'd be living in flip flops; they're easy to get on and off.

But I do need to get decent looking today because Hannah will be visiting later. I don't want her to think I'm a sad lazy cow, so I'm going to try and look my best and happiest. I dug through my drawer for at least five minutes trying to find a pair of jeans that would fit me. After not having any luck, I settled for a maxi dress that was just stretchy enough to be comfortable. When I was putting my foundation on, I heard loud stomps throughout the house and then my bedroom door flew open. Hannah raced in, squeezing me in a tight hug. She was full of laughs and giggles.

"Jessa!" She yelled squeezing my babies between us. She held me at arms length and looked down at my stomach. "Woah! Oh my gosh."

"My Hannah banana!" I pulled her into another hug since I'm so excited she's back. I know it's only until tomorrow afternoon, but I've been so unbelievably lonely without her that I'll take anything. "What do you think?" I smoothed my dress over my bump.

She grabbed her phone and put it on camera. "Oh my goodness Jess. I need a photo. Smile." She warned. Out of instinct I covered my face. I hate photos. "Please. I know you haven't got any bump photos." She whined. I finally sighed giving in. "Alright turn to your side and put a hand at the top and bottom." She ordered. This is her photographer side kicking in. I grinned and the camera flashed in my face. "Cute!" She obsessed.

"I'm starving so I'm going to finish getting ready." I told her. After I finished putting on my make up, I added a cardigan and pair of sandals. "Ready." I pulled my curls back into a messy ponytail.

"Alright pregnant mama. Where do you want to eat?" She questioned while escorting me down the stairs. "We gotta go feed my nieces." She laughed.

"Oh not you too. Paisley insists that they're girls too." I rubbed my stomach with one hand and slid the other down the rail as I went down stairs.

"That's because they are. Aunties know best." She pulled out her phone from her back pocket to check the time. "Let's go because I have a date with Justin later." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the front door like a little kid.

"I'm coming. I'm coming. Just let me get my wallet." I reached for it sitting beside the door on the table. "Alright let's go." I walked towards her car sitting in my driveway.

The whole car ride, Hannah had her thinking face on. "What's wrong?" I asked her curiously.

"Oh uh nothing." She shook her head convincingly. I don't know if I should believe her. After a few minutes of her being quiet I realized that something is up because usually she would be gossipy and loud.