Chapter 8

"Happy birthday to you!" We obnoxiously sang, bringing the song to an end.

"Aw, Thanks, you buncha idiots." Razor said bashfully, blowing out her candle, then taking a large bite from the piece of cake she had." Okay, look, I know we said we'd never repeat our last drinking incident, but c'mon it's my birthday." Razor said pleading. Daisy and I looked at each other very unsure.

"Okay, a couple drinks, just because it's your birthday." I smiled at her, and waved down the waiter, who later brought us our drinks.

The night carried on from there, we chit chatted loudly, back and forth, laughing obnoxiously, getting glares.

"Let's go do something else." Razor said excitedly.

"Like what?" I looked at her confused.

"I don't know let's just walk around until something jumps out at us." Razor, grabbed Daisy by the arm, yanking her out of her chair, and I followed suit. I grabbed onto Logan for balance realizing I was kinda drunk.

"How many drinks did we just have?" I whispered to him.

"Well, uh, between the "birthday shots" and the beers, I'll just say too many." He wrapped his arm around my waist assisting me out of the restaurant after Daisy and Razor.

The three of us stumbled down the sidewalks, dancing to a couple of bands that played on the street corners, continuing our way through the streets, until Razor spotted it. A Roller Disco place.

"That's it, c'mon let's go!" She grabbed my arm.

"Razor you're in a dress, and your drunk, and you'll be on skates, eh I don't know?" I stopped her before we got inside.

"Boo, you're no fun!" She grabbed Daisy and the two went inside.

"Fine," I sighed heavily looking at Logan with a smile," c'mon." We went inside, paid the fee, and put our skates on.

The lights were colourful, and spun around the room, the music was blaring, and the skaters knew what they were doing. Now I was nervous. I stepped onto the skate floor, immediately my skates had a mind of their own, and I fell flat on my butt. Razor and Daisy burst out laughing hysterically, until they got onto the floor and the same thing happened to them, this time all four of us were laughing this time. Logan helped me to my feet, and we paced ourselves as we went out, I did shuffle movements, easing myself along the wall, but Logan was a pro.

"How're you good at this?" I said jealously.

"Eh, I came to these places every now and then." He shrugged, I just rolled my eyes at him.

Razor sped past me, laughing at her success, until she realized there was a group of people in front of her and she couldn't stop. She screamed in hopes the people would move, only instead she crashed into them, loud thuds and yells exploded into the air, some skates went flying. I quickly yanked off my skates, when I couldn't see Razor, and ran toward the pile of people, yanking them out of my way, until I found her with a pained look on her face.

"Razor, are you okay?" I said looking her over.

"My ankle." She said through gritted teeth, soon Daisy was by my side. We got her off the floor, over to a table, where Logan pulled off Razor's skates, looking at her swollen ankle." Don't touch!" She cried, as Logan held her foot in his hands.