25: Mrs. Kim?

As soon as your phone rang, you sprinted across the room to grab it.

"Jihyun!?" You yelled.

"Uh, are you Mrs. Kim, ma'am?" A feminine voice asked on the phone.

"Future. Who is asking?" You exaggerated a bit, hoping that you would get some extra leeway.

"Your fiance is at our hospital. Please come and help us fill out his medical forms."

"Why... can't he do it?" You were confused. Why didn't Jihyun call you?

"I'm afraid I cannot share that over the phone. Please, come to our hospital."

"O-Okay..." You were hung up on and then you had to decide what to do next. You had gotten the directions to the hospital and were ready to go at practically any time, but you wondered if you should tell the RFA. "No. I need to see him now." You said out loud to yourself.

As you drove to the hospital, all sorts of thoughts wandered through your mind. Is he dead? Does he have amnesia? Why didn't he call me? Is he okay? Will he be mad that I told them I was his fiance?

The drive only took about fifteen minutes, but checking in and trying to find Jihyun and providing as much medical information that you could took another hour.

Finally, you were allowed to see him.

"Jihyun!" You began crying as you rushed to sit next to him.

"He's been in a coma for a week now. We would have contacted you sooner, but it was complicated. First, we didn't know who he was. Then, when we called the police, one of them just happened to recognize him. Then, we had to have the police go phone company to phone company to get a record of his calls. You were his last call."

"Oh God. A week? Will he ever get better?"

"Yes, we believe so. He came in with multiple fractures and lacerations, corneal abrasions and a high amount of methotrexate in his system. We assume that drug made him incredibly sick, causing severe dehydration and malnutrition, although nothing lasting. We're just glad someone found him on the road and brought him in."

"Is there anything that I can do? I have his wallet with me." You stroked his hand softly and kissed his fingers.

"Before you leave, you can go to check-in and provide his health insurance card. Other than that, visiting hours are ten to seven every day. I'm sure that he'll come to soon. We've been flushing out the drug in his system."

"A-Alright..." You laid your head on him gently. You would be here as much as you could. You would never leave his side. Not until he woke up.

After a few minute alone, you decided to update the RFA.

Muse has logged on.

Muse: Jihyun is alive and we're at the hospital. He's unconscious. Please, come over tomorrow. I'll send the directions.

Muse has logged off.

It wasn't so unusual that no one was there. But one by one everyone logged on, read the message and logged off. Tomorrow would be the day. They would meet the woman named Muse.