12: Making A Deal

"Superficial corneal abrasions. Pretty bad as well. The problem merely stems from swelling actually. You've left them untreated and therefore they're becoming so inflamed that it blocks your vision. A week of steroids and antibiotics will clear it right up."

"R-really?" V asked, astonished. That was all I needed? Just some cream?

"Yes, but I do wish you would tell me how you received the scratches. They're pretty bad."

"I'm sorry, but it's..." V stumbled.

"Classified." You added in.

"Fine, fine. Here's the prescription. If you leave them untreated you could be left with permanent damage, so please pick this up with haste." The doctor handed you the paper and walked out the door.

As you headed home, V was lost in thought. Every time you tried to start a conversation with him, he simply sighed and reached to touch his eyes.

"I think you should do it, Jihyun. But I won't push you."

He sighed, once again, but this time placed a hand on your thigh.

Brrp. Brrp. Brrp.

"It's Luciel." You said to him, as you glanced at the caller ID.

"Luciel, what's-- Woah, woah, woah. Calm down, what happened?... Gone? How can she be gone? She was at Rika's apartment... Yes, I knew about it... Luciel now is not the... Bleach blonde hair and an odd tattoo?... No... I don't know who that could have been..." He knew. The girl had been kidnapped by Saeran. You gulped as you parked in the driveway. "...Yes, I'll do what I can for her. I know you all like her, and she's doing a great job... Alright... I'll call you back if I get any information. Bye, Luciel." And he hung up the phone.

Letting out an even bigger sigh, he put his head in his hands.

"They... took the girl."

"Oh no..." You sighed. You knew what this meant.

"I have to go back. I have to stop Rika. Don't... don't stop me, either, you enticing woman, you!" He smiled in a plastic manner, attempting to lighten the mood.

"I won't Jihyun. Not this time. But you have to make a deal with me, it comes in three parts."

"I'll hear them out before I decide."

"That's fine. One: stay with me one more day and night. I hate when you leave so suddenly. Two: At least for the time that you're there, use the cream so you can see just a little bit better. I know I just said I wouldn't push you, but it's too dangerous to go if you can't see at all. Three: when you're done, come back here."

Both of you moved to get out of the car. He would need a few minutes to think about it. Walking into your small home, you lead V into the kitchen. He was deep in thought, when you wrapped your arms around him.

"I'll budge a little on my requests if we can have American-style pizza for dinner." You nuzzled his chest.

As he held you tightly, he let out a final sigh for the day.

"You don't have to budge. I'll agree to them all, plus your ridiculous request for pizza. Only because it's half bread, mind you." He laid his head against yours, "I'll protect you, YN. I love you. It's my fault that I let it get this bad. I allowed Rika to become like this. I'll fix it and then I'll come home to you."

And even though you hoped with all of your heart that it was true, a piece of you believed that once again, you were going to lose him to her.

AN: Thank you all for reading, commenting and voting! I just wanted to let everyone know that if they're interested in more Mystic Messenger fan-fiction, I have a Jumin x Reader as well as a requests book for MM lemons and one-shots, so feel free to request! Thanks for being awesome and check out my library if you're interested!