8: Liar

You grabbed a towel and some of the spare clothes that V had left in your drawers. You hadn't had the heart to toss them out, nor the composure or time to return them. It was nothing much, just a black tank top and some boxers. As you walked back out to your living room, you noticed that V hadn't moved yet.

He looked up, attempting to look in your direction. He can't find his way to the laundry room. As you walked over to him, you noticed he was crying again. Quickly, you grabbed his hand and his wet shirt and led him to the laundry room.

"Now... I think you'd like to do this next part..." As you motioned towards his pants. "I'll turn around."

But instead of a gently plop of wet jeans, you heard a loud bang. Turning around, you saw V leaning over the washing machine, trying to hold himself together but failing miserably.

"Jihyun." You breathed out.

"I'm so stupid! STUPID! I should have known this would happen! She was so jealous, I made her so jealous--"

"Stop. Don't take her blame. She lied to you Jihyun, she's a liar through and through. And before you stop me and tell me that I shouldn't talk that way about her, I just want you to know that she's not going to stop. And I won't leave you." You put a hand on his back.

"I don't know if I can take it, YN. I don't know if I can look at her again. I'm so, so, devoted to her. I want nothing but good for her."

"But she is no good for you."

Silence. A long silence. Except of course for V's quiet sniffles.

"Jihyun," you continued, "you'll catch a cold if you don't get out of your wet clothes and into something warm. Please."

"I'm sorry I came here--"

"Don't be." He turned and looked at you.

"--But I didn't know where else I could go. And I'm sorry for bothering you and for yelling at you and not believing you and not committing to you. It was wrong of me."

You held the towel up and he leaned down closer to you. Instead of tossing the towel at him, however, you simply placed it over his head and hand-dried his hair.

"Come on, Jihyun. Get undressed." He hesitated, possibly giving you a moment to turn away. "You can spend the night here tonight." You sighed. He had won you over again. He was always so pitiful and so helpless that no matter why he left you (he had done this multiple times), you always took him back.

I thought I could be stronger this time... I guess not. I will always be susceptible to Jihyun. You thought as you watched this handsome, sad man strip nude and throw his clothes in the dryer. At least he looks good. A small consolation for a man who can't leave his abusive girlfriend.

Taking his hand, you lead him to your bedroom. Well, it was going to end up here regardless. You thought as V took a seat. 

"Here's some of your clothes you left here." You put them on his lap.

"You didn't... get rid of them?" He asked, weepily.

"No, of course not , Jihyun." You couldn't get rid of them, just like you couldn't get rid of him.