13: Cake

The next day, you decided to make the most of the time left with V.

"Come sit with me in the kitchen, I'll make you something special." You grabbed V's hand and pulled it.

"Hmm, care to share what it is?" He looked towards you suspiciously.

"Maybe if you could see, you wouldn't have to guess." You jabbed playfully.

"Well then maybe you can help me put some medicine on." V had slept on it and decided that at least for now, it would be best if he could see.

"Oh... Well I'll try! It's kind of scary to put something on another person's eyes."

"You can't do any more damage, if you want to think of it that way."

You laughed and continued to the kitchen, grabbing the steroid cream on the way.

Sitting V down at the table, you took a seat in his lap. It was a comfortable spot for you and you figured it would be the easiest way for you to apply the cream. Reading the instructions, it said that you needed to apply a small glob (your words) to the cornea and have the patient (V) blink it all around.

Squeezing out just a little bit onto your finger, you used your other hand to keep his eye open.

"If you think about it, YN, this is a little bit erotic." V joked.

"Oh, stop it Jihyun, you big pervert!" But you smiled and relaxed a little bit.

"I wonder if I'll be able to see right away. I'd love to see your face before I go."

"That seems like more of a miracle... Alright, be prepared to blink." You touched the cream to his eye.

"AHH!" V cried out.

"Oh my God, are you alright?!" You asked.

"Yeah, that was just... frightening. I know you said to be prepared but... I couldn't see it coming."

You slapped his chest.

"Don't scare me like that! I thought it was like, burning or something! Good lord. We still have one more eye as well."

"Well I'll try not to scream. I'd hate for your finger to end up in my eye, when we're trying to heal it."

"You're so funny, Jihyun. Alright, on the count of three..." you got prepared to do it again. "One... two... three." Gently you applied the cream. "Blink, blink, blink. Good work, Jihyun, I think you've earned a kiss."

Gently, you pressed your lips to his, feeling his smile form. You dabbed at his eyes with a tissue, getting rid of the extra steroid cream. His hand came up to your face, feeling around.

"So... how is it? Can you... see me?" You asked gently.

"I wish I could say yes. But the pain has subsided just a little. It's a start. Why don't you start cooking. I'll sit in here with you. Is my camera on the table?"

"Yes, it is. But can I ask you a question, Jihyun?"

"Of course, my love."

"Why do you still take pictures?"

"I... guess I just want to see what I missed."

"But you've been taking pictures this whole time. Even before you agreed to this."

"Perhaps I've always wished that I'd get better."

"Yeah... well join the club." You sat up and began working on your surprise dish.

Between the clank of dishes, the click of V's camera and the mixing of ingredients, you were able to forget that this was going to be the last day with V for quite a while.

When the food was finally finished, you placed it in front of your lover.

"Happy Birthday, Jihyun. Did you think I'd forget?"

"Is this a... cake?" He asked curiously.

You giggled.

"I don't know, ask your face!"

"Wha--" You pushed V's face into the cake.

As he raised his head, he too broke out into raucous laughter. You leaned over and took his camera from him.

"Do you mind?" You asked.

"Not at all, my love. Not at all." You snapped a photo, then moved to sit on his lap. Turning the camera around, you snapped another photo as you liked the frosting off of his face. And finally, you took one last photo as you smashed your lips against his, getting frosting on your face as well. If he was going to leave tonight, you were going to enjoy the time you had now.