Peppermint Tea

Sam was perfectly happy and content, reading in his bedroom.

Then, suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

He heard his brother, knocking things over, cursing, and then rushing to the door.

He heard the door open.

"Hey Cas." he could hear the smile in Dean's voice.

"Hello Dean."

Sam decided to take his chances and walk out into the living room.

Dean had his arms wrapped tightly around the shorter, dark haired man, and he looked so happy it was a little bit scary.

"So, we're both off today?" he asked.

"Seems that way." Castiel was gazing at him with pure adoration.

They stared at each other for probably about thirty seconds, before they finally noticed Sam's presence.

"Hey Sammy, Cas is havin' lunch with us. What do you want to eat?"

Cas was blushing and smiling ever so slightly, and was looking at the ground.

Dean went out to get some food, a few minutes later, and left Cas and Sam alone.

"So, are you guys dating?" Sam asked.

"I...I think so..." he mumbled. "There isn't a title on it, we haven't really talked about it."

"Do you love him?"

Castiel's whole face turned red.

"Yes."

"That's all that matters."

Sam decided he liked Cas.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

Dean felt like he suddenly understood the meaning of life.

He worked, and he wrote, and when Cas wasn't in class or working, he spent as much time with him as possible.

Now, he felt like he was on this earth for a reason.

Even when they didn't see each other, they talked until it was absolutely necessary to sleep, or eat, or move.

His once half empty notebook was filling up with short stories and poems about Castiel.

Now, he was hungry for affection. Pure raw visual love.

He dreamed about what would happen when they finally went all the way.

Of course, he didn't want to rush it. Castiel was really shy, and he really wanted their first time to mean something. So he was willing to wait until the adorable, small blue eyed man made a move, or at least showed a sign.

The spring was turning into summer, the air was warmer, the days were longer and Castiel started wearing t-shirts instead of sweaters and Dean didn't even know what to think because Cas was so fucking adorable it hurt.

One day, they were walking in the morning before Cas had to go to class, and Dean had to go to work.

"Dean, are we dating?" Castiel had asked, innocently, glancing at him.

"Yeah, I-I mean, if that's okay with you." Dean stuttered.

"So, you're my boyfriend?" he mumbled, blushing.

Dean stopped walking, and the shorter man stopped and looked at him, puzzled.

"You've been wanting to call me that for a while, haven't you?" he asked.