Chapter 12

Last night I could sum up in one word, pitiful. I sat around in the hotel room the rest of the time being depressed over a relationship that didn't even really exist, except in my head. Then, I sat and stalked all his tweets before getting fed up with myself and forcing myself to sleep at seven PM, which is actually superiorly hard when you aren't remotely tired. Now walking into orchestra practice had become even worse because not only were people whispering but I also had to acknowledge that the main conspirator was the same person Niall liked. Everything just seemed out of my hands, which when this happens I usually let it go, but this time it just felt like letting go would mean giving up and I didn't really want to give up, but I was definitely a pacifist due to my small body mass and unaccounted muscles. I wondered if fighting for love could be peaceful because it seems that in most romance films it ends pretty violently, I mean Rose had to swing an ax at Jack because her fiancé became jealous while the Titanic sinks.

Or even Ally smacks Noah whenever she feels he's being unreasonable from the Notebook, so I wondered if I would have to have to do a Grease repeat and pull a Sandy, so I would be bad ass enough to fight for him. Yet, all this sounds great in my head but in actuality, I'll just become Niall's best friend and attend their wedding, crying my eyes out and hour before and after the reception. That plan seems plausible, and when the preacher announces 'speak now or forever hold you peace' I'll get this urge to rise up, pronounce my love for him, and try to convince him to call the whole wedding off; but really I'll just stay sitting quietly rereading my invitation and quietly thanking the lord I wore waterproof mascara.

I gave a once over of the room and saw everyone still sound asleep which I guess is a perk to going to sleep early, you wake up early. So I snuck in a shower and then pulled on and oversized sweater with black leggings and a floral loop eternity scarf wanting to feel completely comfortable today even though nothing could really change my attitude. Then I looked in the mirror and a messy bun was all I seemed to be in the mood for. Then, I looked around and still none of my roomates had woken up so I decided to go on a small adventure at six in the morning. Taking the elevator down it felt as though all my thoughts were being drained and I was a becoming this emotionless slump until I reached ground level, which by then I was just this unnoticeable grey girl exiting the hotel where already there was a small crowd of girls sadly shivering outside hoping to see a glimpse of their favorite boy band.

Then I began my small trek through downtown, but feeling less adventurous as the hotel became smaller and smaller I decided to duck into a small coffee shop feeling the warmth and fresh ground coffee bean smell climbing into my nose and definitely helping me forget why I even needed to take the walk in the first place.

"Hey, what would you like?" the barista asked me once I finally reached the front of the line.

"Cherry infused TAZO tea please," I asked and once I paid I went to the end of the pick up line and when I finally had my name called I noticed someone had written their number on my cup. I smirked at the cheesy yet sort of cute attempt.

"So I'm taking your smirk as you're going to call me?" the mystery man said. When I turned to find out it was the kind of cute barista who had taken my order.

"Sorry, I'm not really interested, but thank you," I said politely while walking over to a huge leather chair and plopping down while sucking down my tea and looking out the window. I looked over at the barista and noticed he seemed pretty sad that I had turned him down but I honestly didn't come here to find a new boy to like, more to get over the previous one.

"So what is it? Boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, lesbian?" the barista asked pulling away from gazing out at the clouds that began rolling in.

"It's just really complicated and I would really like it if you would just leave me alone," I said while returning my gaze to the light rain fall.

"Oh, so you are in a fight. Well, you know the best way to get back at a boyfriend is by making him jealous," he said to while sitting in the chair perpendicular to mine.

"Listen," I said to him a little more defiantly While glancing at his plated name tag, "Chris, I don't have a boyfriend and I don't need to make anyone jealous, okay?"

"I don't think you understand, I'm giving you an opportunity to have a boyfriend," Chris told me while leaning in a little too close for comfort.

"And I don't want a boyfriend right now!" I harshly replied, but then Chris put his arm around my shoulder and awkwardly crushed against his body over two chair arms.

"Now why would a pretty girl like you not want a boyfriend?"

"Because she doesn't need a man to make her feel special, because she already knows how great she is. Now why don't you leave or go back to work," Niall said while removing Chris' arm from my shoulder.

"So this is the complication," Chris incredulously protested, "why he's just a baby face."

"But apparently twice the man you are, so why don't you just go," Niall stated, and at his I stood up afraid this argument was going to escalate.

"I will in a minute, I know who you are, you're from all the posters, you're that guy from that new band," Chris said, "now I wonder how much press I'll get as the guy who punched you." Then this statement daunt the attention of the coffee shop and Chris swung his fist towards Niall. Niall thinking on his feet ducked, and out of no where I was socked in the eye. I stumbled back into my chair and through the tears that were bound to come, and I looked up to see, who I assume to be one of The One Direction body guards escorting Chris out the door. Soon, someone was handing me napkins and rapidly spitting 'sorry' every few seconds. I soon recognized the voice, Niall.

"Hey, no worries, it's just a scratch," I told him, while pushing myself up. To be honest I felt fine, one eye was a little swollen, but other than that, I'm realizing Niall is now a few inches away from my face and I immediately feel flushed.

"Yeah, well Mercutio said it was just a scratch and then he died, so, I'm not taking any chances," he joked. "What were you doing here. I mean I know hotel coffee isn't amazing, but to walk a block in this storm makes it seem like you have a problem." At the mention of storm I looked out to see a thunderstorm replacing the soft clouds I saw once before, covering the sky.

"I needed to clear my head, what about you?" I asked curiously wondering how he coincidentally found me, in here of all places.