CHAPTER 11

Hanna stood against the locked bathroom door, her eyes closed, chest heaving. "What are you doing Hanna Crow?" she scolded herself "You could have been hurt, you don't know what the man is capable of" She walked over and sat down on the porcelain clawfoot bathtub. She was scared, tired, and her head was killing her. She walked to the mirror and looked at herself, her makeup was smudged across her face, mascara marks smeared her cheeks, her eyes were still swollen from crying, and her hair was messed up and tangled. Blond pieces hung loose in her face the rest badly tangled in the pins holding her hair at the back.

Looking down at the rest of her body, her wedding dress, ripped and dirty, made her feel even more disheveled and dirty. She felt dirty. She rinsed her face with cold water. She needed a plan to escape. She looked out of the small bathroom window and saw nothing but a dense forest a few feet away.

She needed to get out of the dress, it would make running or hiding difficult. Maybe there was something that would fit her in the cupboard she had seen earlier in the room. Hanna slowly opened the bathroom door and looked around making sure there was no one on the other side, satisfied she slowly made her way over to the door and turned the knob, it was thankfully still locked. Moving towards the cupboard she pulled open the first door, finding a few white shirts, grey sweatpants, and extra plush blankets and pillows.

Hanna quickly changed into the oversized white shirt and after a few attempts of pulling up and securing the sweatpants she gave up on the massive pants, kicking them to the side. A shiver ran down her spine as she thought of their owner. Sitting down on the bed, she stared at the bedroom window, a bedroom window that she only now realized could open from the inside. Tears filled her eyes. Hope blooming in her chest. She pushed at the window until it budged and climbed through it. Carefully she ran out to the edge of the forest and began to run.

At the first few trees she turned around to check if she was being followed, but the coast was clear. She started to run faster again and kept running for what felt like hours. The greens and browns of the newly fallen and dead leaves mixed on the ground with the broken twigs and branched cracking under her raw bare feet. The aroma of fresh pine mixed with some sort of earthy smell hung heavy in the air. Darkness came quickly as nighttime slowly made its way into the forest, giving it a chilling haunting feel. The cold numbed her exposed legs and arms. Within a few minutes, her teeth begin to bang against one another, chattering loudly, as her breath fogged out in front of her.

Hanna came to an abrupt stop, her heart almost stopping. There less than a meter in front of her was a gigantic, monstrous, black wolf growling at her with its teeth exposed in a snarl. Her body shook violently. The hair on the back of its neck was raised, his eyes glowing red. She turned to run but tripped over one of the rotten fallen tree branches that was laying broken on the ground. Hanna fell to the forest floor, turning her ankle with the fall, she was almost sure she had broken it. The wolf drew closer and closer and started trembling like crazy, she heard the sounds of bones breaking and snapping "Oh shit ... no ... Please... help, help, please somebody help me!!!!" Hanna screamed, hoping someone would hear, even if it was her abductor, but nobody came. She couldn't believe her eyes, the wolf skin, was ripped open and bones shifted, changed until they turned into human flesh. Hanna was in shock she couldn't move, couldn't look away, right there in front of her was a beast turned human, and not just any human, but the same human who had abducted her, and he was stark naked.

He moved over the last few feet to where she was lying on the forest floor, picked her up, threw her over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes, and carried her toward what she assumed was the house.

Hanna too stunned to move or scream just let him carry her, tears spilled freely over her frozen cheeks. She had the feeling, that this man, beast, monster -whatever he was - was furious as hell, and had no intention of letting her go.

He reached the house in a matter of minutes, which she now realized was a large cabin, which only meant that she had been walking in circles for hours. He growled out loud at the small sob that escaped her as they neared the steps of the front door. 'He's going to kill me,' she thought as he walked up the porch steps...'I'm dead' ...