CHAPTER 20 - GRANT POV

"Answer, you, dumb ..." Grant swore into his phone. He was standing against the railing of the balcony at the Saint Paul's Hospital chapel puffing on his low nicotine cigarette, waiting for Kahli to answer.

"What!" Kahli's impatient reply growled low and dangerous.

"What took you so long to answer Kahli?" Grant asked him annoyed.

"Get. to. the. point, James" Max growled over the line, not bothering to mask his disdain, as he enunciated each word.

"Are there any problems I should be aware of? Is the ... object... still active?" Grant whispered. He looked around, ensuring he was still alone in the Hospital chapel before continuing, "I have to say, I was properly entertained, it was brilliant, and clobbering ... that was priceless? Did...object...sustain any permanent damage... that would count in my favor if we just end it now... but not just yet? I'm not sure just yet how the wind will blow, keep it on ice."

A smirk played over Grant's face as he remembered just how well he had played the scared fiance, and he knew he would make a superb widower. A low growl on the other end of the phone jogged him back to reality. Grant couldn't help thinking of how the man, on the other side of the line, reminded him of an untamed wild animal. Grant smiled at the idea, that Kahli was now trapped in his cage, and he was planning on keeping him in there for a long, long time.

Hearing footsteps approaching, he caught Melissa out of the corner of his eye, walking toward him.

"Fine, I'll call again in a few days," he said, hastily dismissing Kahli over the phone and ending their call.

"Melissa, how is he?" Grant said trying to sound as caring and concerned about Lord Crow as possible. Hanna's Father had been admitted to the Hospital right after he had collapsed at the church. He sighed, frowning while putting out his cigarette, faking as best he could, he pulled Melissa in for a hug. A teary-eyed Melissa answered him sobbing again, "Still the same. The Doctor said... that there is no way to know for sure how long he'll be in the coma."

Grant looked down at Melissa nodding, letting her out of his arms and taking a step back, "Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine," he hushed her, inwardly rolling his eyes. Melissa now in full sobbing mode blew her nose into Grant's handkerchief he handed her a few hours ago "I can't lose him too, Grant," Grant looked at his handkerchief disgusted that she could so easily ruin a $500 handkerchief. Not that he cared about it, but he did rather mind her make-up ruining his Armani suit. "There, there. We will find Hanna. I have my best men on it, and you will see Lord Crow will pull through this ill-fated ordeal. He is the strongest-willed man I have ever known" Mellissa asked to pray alone for a while, and Grant eagerly welcomed her request, he did not do emotions. He turned and walked out of the chapel without a second glance.

'Fucksakes, I need to lighten up, all this drama is giving me a migraine, and I know just the way to relief all my tension," Grand smirked to himself as dialed the number 9 speed-dial key on this phone, smiling as the caller answered, "Hi Handsome."

The voice at the other end of the line sounded cheeky and sexy, "I need you," James said, walking into the elevator. "You know where to find me, baby. I'll be waiting," she purred in a suggestive low voice.

"Five minutes, Candy, baby. Five Minutes," he answered in a hungry husky voice as the elevator doors closed.