CHAPTER 19

Max walked into the cabin still soaking wet from his swim at the lake, it had taken longer than anticipated, and he had a lot of energy to burn up. He sensed that she was there. "Thank the Moon" He could also feel her at ease, relaxed almost. When he walked into the cabin, she wasn't on the sofa anymore, he quickly made for the bedroom and saw her sound asleep on the bed, she looked so beautiful, so peaceful.

She was laying on her back, lips parted, her face slightly to the side, her hair spilling over the pillow with one arm over her head, the other at her side. She had changed now wearing something Mary had brought. Frowning at her pants, he had to admit he preferred his shirt on her. He wanted nothing more than to replace the items with one of his own.

Max walked closer but stopped, sighed out loud then finally decided that a cold shower would have to do. Once in the bathroom he opened the shower and took off his shirt and unbuttoned his jean, slipping them off. Getting under the shower, he welcomed the cold rush of water burning against his skin. A loud noise thumped from the bedroom. Rushing out, he saw her sitting up on the floor. She had turned around and rolled off the bed.

Max walked over to where she was sitting, shocked and still sleepy. He leaned down and picked her off the floor. She didn't say a word, she just looked up at him. Max tried to avoid eye contact, knowing his desire, he saw his reflection in the window, his eyes were burning red again. He placed her under the blankets, making sure she was comfortable, turned and looked at her again, but couldn't help thinking how exceptionally good it would feel to get in that bed with her. He turned around, forcing himself into the cold shower again, trying very hard not to think of her.

After the shower, Max decided to sleep on the sofa, viewing it as his safer option, but after turning over a hundred times on the too-small sofa he convinced himself that it would be just as safe, for both of them, if he slept on the far side of the bed.

She had her back to him when he got in under the covers. Max turned his back on her, remembering that the bed used to feel bigger, and now strangely it felt like he was sharing a single bed with her. He turned flat on his back, staring at the roof, counting the beams, cracks in the wood, anything that would get his mind off his little captive.

She stirred, moaned, and turned on her back. 'Fuck me' Max could smell her arousal, instantly giving him a hard-on. The way she was laying, made the shirt outline the fullness and suppleness of her full breasts. Since she wasn't wearing a bra he could easily make out the detailed outline of her hard nipples, he felt himself stirring even harder. He closed his eyes and exhaled loudly, "Why are you so delicious my little captive?" he asked her sleeping form.

Max closed his eyes, trying hard not to breathe lungs full of the smell of her heat. After a few minutes, he had himself under control. He opened his eyes again, her face was turned towards him. He could see the puffiness around her eyes and knew she had been crying again, "I'm sorry Baby," he whispered, turning towards her, sweeping away a strand of hair on her temple. He couldn't stop himself, he leaned down to give her a light kiss on the cheek, he tried to stop but he got carried away by the taste of her under his lips, a low growl whispered in his chest, brushing her lips softly with his. Addicted he kissed her again on the chin, nose, forehead, and side of her mouth, and lastly placed a firmer kiss on her mouth.

The irritating chime of his phone ringing paused the trail of kisses over her face, silently thankful for the interruption. He got up and took it out of his jacket pocket. Max felt every drop of his blood start to boil when the caller id displayed ... James Grant ...