CHAPTER 3

Hanna listened to her Mother go over her checklist for that afternoon, while they drove home. She was tired and in no mood, not to mention she had a massive headache brewing, which wasn't making her already nauseated stomach feel any better. The hairdresser had pulled and pulled until her hair was perfect in a stylish "Up-Down-Do" the way her mother had insisted on, Hanna hated it ...

"The flowers have arrived they are dressing the tables now. I talked to the church this morning everything is set up there too. We have makeup done, we have hair done. We only have to dress you, and little missy, I do approve of the smokey eye, it suits you. Oh honey this is your big day, it's finally here, I'm so happy" her mother said happily.

Hanna gave a small smile. Arriving home Hanna made her way to her room, robotically undressed, and looked at the lace underwear laid out on her bed. She picked up the lace thong and tears threatened her elegantly makeuped face. Taking several deep breaths she quickly dressed in the little piece of lace and seamless white bra. Then quickly slipped into her dress.

The dress was a satin white, floor-length dress with a delicate lace finish, matching her white Jimmy Choo's, and a small diamond tiara attached to a veil that came just to her waist in front and flowed with her dress to the floor at the back. Mellissa saw her daughter frown from the doorway. "Is something wrong honey? If it's the dress, the cake, or anything, it's not too late to get it fixed. This is your day."

A small gasp escaped, Hanna wanted to scream at her that this day was what was wrong, what they were forcing her to do was wrong, not the dress or stupid cake. But she lowered her eyes afraid they would betray what her lips would not. "No, Mom, it's not the dress or the...I just..." Hanna took a steadying breath and then faked a small smile "I just have a headache, Mom. That hairdresser did a number on my head. That's all."

"Oh! You silly bunny! Why didn't you say so? I'll give you something to fix that. Okay? See? I told you it was fixable." Melissa said leaving down the hall. "That'll be great Mom, thanks," Hanna gave her Mother the best fake, reassuring smile she could.

Another hour later, Hanna looked like the perfection expected.

"Oh, my," Hanna looked up and saw her Father in her room's doorway, "My baby is all grown up! You are so beautiful Dear. You are perfect. Grant won't know what hit him!"

Hanna looked away from her Father, pretending to adjust her veil, the betrayal in her heart still burned too strongly "Dad, it is just make-up and a dress. I feel like a clown."

Wiping away a tear that slid down his cheek, her father walked over to her and pulled her back into a hug. Hanna lost herself in her Fathers' embrace, when would he so easily hug her again? Would Grant allow it? He lightly kissed her head, "Well then you are the prettiest clown I have ever seen." Her father sighed and held out an arm to escort her out of her room.

Fifteen minutes later Hanna was inside the limo in front of the chapel, she could see all the guests gathered and she could see Grant, greeting guests and family, she could see the flowers outside the doors of the chapel, and thanks to the Chapels wide doors she could see each pew adorned with the same Lily arrangement. She hated lilies. Taking a deep breath as the bell donged, signaling for the guests to make their way inside, she opened the door and headed toward the church.