CHAPTER 26

"Put me down you...you...oversized dog!!!!" Hanna yelled, demanding him to put her down, pounding her fists on his back. Strolling lazily into the shower, Max put her down inside, the cold tile stinging her feet. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Max's hand gradually move towards the tap, she arched one of her blond eyebrows up realizing what he wanted to do.

"Don't you dare ..." she scolded him pointing her long finger at his chest, "Don't you even dare..." Hanna said again looking up at the shower head and then at his face, where a smirk was tugging on the corner of his lips and challenge set in his eyes. Hanna immediately regretted asking about the stupid door. "Wouldn't I?" he smiled at her wickedly, "I think you need a cool down baby, don't you?" he asked laughing, his voice was low, hoarse, and breathy.

Without another word, he opened the tap soaking them both.

She tried to get passed him but his big frame blocked any escape. Hanna winced as the warm water soaked through her hair and clothing, drenching her head to toes. She looked up at him, her lips pulled into a pout, pleading silently with him to let her go, which only made him laugh louder and open the tap fully soaking him too. He looked down at her, his eyes changing to red. He softened his laugh, lightly chuckling as he slowly lowered his head to hers. Hanna immediately took small steps back, until she met the cold tiled wall.

He took another step closer, trapping her body against the wall, sheltering her from the worst of the pouring water. One arm, very muscular and tanned, was just above her head as she felt a hand on her hip, his fingers pressing the cloth of the shirt to her body. Hanna gasped as he lightly kissed the tip of her nose, then her cheek and forehead.

"See... it's not so bad not having a door," He whispered gruff and deep, lust and raw hunger laced every word he whispered into her ear, placing a kiss on her temple, pulling her lower body close to his. Hanna didn't want to accept the physical reaction she was having towards him or the mental war in her mind. She hated that she wanted him. Her eyes caught on his full lips, slowly rising to meet his eyes. Hanna wasn't sure if this was still just Stockholm syndrome anymore.

Max tilted his head to the side, cupping her cheek, his thumb stroking over her bottom lip. He lowered his head to her neck, placing soft kisses trailing to her collarbone and then up to her chin, moving softly onto her lips.

Everything dissolved around her as she lost herself in his hungry kisses and the euphoric feeling of his proximity. He broke the kiss after a few minutes and took a step back, looking at her. He was unbelievably sexy, standing there with water running over his wide shoulders, making his body look even more defined. Her eyes trailed down to his soaked pants, which emphasized the enormous bulge that tented the front of his pants.

Her eyes shot up as soon as she heard Max's low growl. Max smiled, a little breathless himself, pulling his hand through his soaked hair "You better stop looking at me like that ... " he said as he fisted her shirt on her hip "Or you'll make me take these soaked pants, and ...." he breathed in deep through his nose "On second thought Baby, please keep looking, because I need that reason ...". Hanna couldn't believe that a part of her wanted him too, no demanded to. She wanted to have sex with him right here in the shower.

But she couldn't allow herself to, she had to be stronger than this. This man had taken her from her life, everything she knew and was now, only because he thought she was his 'mate', and wanted to have sex with her. "In your dreams buddy! If you even think for one moment that I would ever...could ever... with you...NEVER!" Hanna spat out the words, shaking her head furiously.

"Oh but my Hanna," He placed a hand on her neck, his fingers brushing over her pulse "I can feel you, feel how your body reacts to my touch" He lowered his hand over one of her breasts, his finger grazing over her hard nipple through the soaked shirt that molded to her body "I feel your need as it throbs through your veins" his hand lowered over her stomach to the apex of her thighs, she gasped as he slid his fingers into her panties, dipping them into her, lightly stroking her clit "Smell your sweet little cunt's arousal ..." Max hoarsely said, his voiced deep filled with need as he continued circling her swollen nub "Its a 'side effect' of our bond...we are connected ... you can't lie to me my sweet little Hanna" Max whispered against her temple. Her lower body bucked against his hand, her heart pounding in her ears, pressure building at her core.

Just as the swirl of pleasure started gathering at the base of her spine, he closed the tap and got out of the shower. He stripped and threw his soaked pants over the tub to dry. Hanna leaned against the tiled wall, breathing roughly as she watched him "You are making walking away very difficult, I'm not a patient man love. I'm not the good guy in this story, so stop tempting me, I won't stop next time" Max said not looking at her as he dried himself off with one of the towels. Hanna was frustrated with herself, embarrassed, and extremely pissed with her body "Don't flatter yourself.. and I'm not your love!" Hanna yelled turning her back to him as he walked out of the bathroom.

Hanna stood frozen for a moment then got out of the shower, pulling off the soaked clothing. She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, 'What in the world are you doing, Hanna Crow? You have to snap out of it'. Her eyes rested on the mark on her chest, which had changed. It was now a light brown and looked more like a birthmark. The heart mark was even bigger now. And the burning sensation hand increased from a low burning to full-on throbbing. 'I have to get away from here...away from him'. Hanna needed a plan and a lot of patience to wait for the perfect opportunity to slip away.

Hanna made it toward the cupboard in the bedroom and quickly dressed in a yellow top, a too-tight fit, but when in Rome, and dressed in a way too big, black sweatpants, with no underwear seeing that she had to wait for the only pair she had to dry. Making her way to the living room, she noticed that Max was again nowhere to be seen, probably on one of his 'runs'. She quickly dismissed the thought of the brutish man and after pouring a cup of coffee, sat on the sofa.

Lost in memories, Hanna couldn't help thinking that she wasn't missing home as much as she was supposed to. She did miss her Mother and Father, her bed, and privacy ... but nothing else. Hell, sometimes she didn't feel as if she was here against her will, but would she want to go back? Would she be able to live her life as it was, she had so many restrictions on her life. Maybe she could use this situation as an opportunity to do everything she always wanted to before she had to go back...Hanna's breath caught in her throat as the thought of leaving made her heart tighten around her lungs. Would he send her back?

Hanna took a deep breath, for the first time since her capture she was scared. ... but it was about leaving here ... him. Even if she was confused about her feelings toward Max, and hated the man but felt empty without him. This was insane because he was nothing to her ... was he?.

She felt the mark on her chest tingle at first, then slightly burn, but it wasn't so bad, then after a few moments it began to burn feverish. A few seconds later and her skin was on fire. She rubbed over the mark frantically to ease the pain. She leaned back against the plush sofa. Her head pounded, her body shaking. She could feel every drop of her blood boiling. A thick layer of perspiration formed on her brow, then a full fever burned through her body, she tried taking deep breaths, but nothing helped. Hanna cried out in pain. She was sure she was dying.

But just as quickly as the pain had begun it started to ease. Her heart started beating more steadily and her fever broke instantaneously, and the mark stopped burning, then slowed to a slight tingle. She felt her body strengthen as the pain completely withdrew. Rapidly the pain she'd felt a moment ago had disappeared, seemingly only being a figment of her imagination.

She was still somewhat out of breath, taking deep breaths she faintly heard Max's voice. Hanna's eyes shot open when she heard the cabin door open and saw a very pale, and pissed-off Max, walking into the cabin and slamming the door behind him.