CHAPTER 18

"What the hell was that!!!!" Hanna shot up, off the sofa, trembling. She had heard him, unmistakably, as if he stood right next to her. Looking around, he was nowhere to be found, she was alone. Hope buzzed through her, she could escape, taking a step, she stopped... then just out the window, she saw Max, as he, by the look of it, ran around the cabin. The disgusting feeling of hope dissolved, as she sat back down, staring into the fire.

'Yes' ... She had been dreaming of him ... she mentally shivered at the thought of her body having any kind of need for that monster, for the person who stripped her life away. 'No' she scolded herself, convinced herself that she had been caught in the moment, that it had been her body's weakness, not her mind's. She had never known this type of desire, consuming, the need burning and throbbing through her. 'Yes,' That was the only way to explain why she so willingly let this man so close, so intimately, so quickly, yes it had to be her body malfunctioning, overriding her mind.

Hanna had grown up very sheltered, her parents rarely showed affection to her, and non towards each other. Till this day Hanna had never even seen her Father kiss her Mother. So asking her Mother about sex had been off the table, but thanks to Google she never had to.

Still, Hanna had at that moment wanted to feel him again ... to touch him again. That was when she heard his voice, filled with hunger, need, and warning.

Sitting on the sofa, Hanna pulled her legs to her chest, still in his shirt, she played with the hem, pulling and tugging on the seam. This had to be a side effect of his bite. Mabey the bite linked them somehow mentally as well. Tears welled up, wishing that she had a mental link with her Mother or Father, hell even James, as long as it meant someone was coming to save her. She just wanted to go back to last week, when the worst thing that could ever have happened to her was knowing she would marry James Grant.

Deciding that she would brave the bed, and warm blankets over the cold clawing at her bare legs, Hanna made her way to the room. A pink suitcase next to the dresser made her pause, and then push forward, opening the dresser. Women's clothing, from dresses to pants and shirts, was neatly stacked. Sending a silent thank you to Mary, Hanna quickly dressed in a black t-shirt and sweatpants, although too big for her small frame, were better than just the shirt, even without any underwear.

Settling under the covers, her mind drifted to her Parents again. Was this going to be the end of her life? To die in this cabin? To never see her parents again?

She was tired and hungry, her head was pounding from all the crying. Sending a silent prayer up, she closed her eyes and promised herself that she would escape ... she would survive.