CHAPTER 8

The black van came to an abrupt halt. He had asked his "men" to help him with the messy part. He couldn't leave the Ranch anyway, so he was grateful for their willingness to do what he asked of them, he trusted them.

"Shit Max that was tens," Ben said as he climbed out, build tall, lean with a shaggy head of blond hair, "So don't be pissed Max okay but I think we kinda messed up," he said scratching his head. Max looked at him and took a step closer already aggravated, "What happened?" he growled. Max knew he should have been there shit. Alexander, short, fat, and bald already in his thirties, climbed out of the driver's side shouting "Well, Jackass over here couldn't just grab the girl no he had to clobber her over the head."

Ben, who now was backed up against the side of the Van said with a shaky voice "She would have ran, and the other girl, was running towards us, I had to act quickly, I couldn't let them get to us, Max. You know that it would have taken ages if she had struggled, we would have been caught." Max took a deep breath, steadying himself, he was so close to losing control, taking another deep breath forcing air to calm himself again. He couldn't afford to get pissed off now. He wouldn't be able to control the outcome. Taking another breath, then another he turned away from the men and as calmly as possible said through gritted teeth, "Show me what you've done"

Ben walked to the back of the van and opened the doors. There on the dark floor of the van was a woman lying on her side. Her hair was a mess hanging over her face, her veil hung loosely on a few strands of blond hair, and the side of her wedding dress was torn and brown from the dirt from the van's floor. Her one-shoe heel had broken right off, Max couldn't help admiring her well-toned and tanned legs, exposed up to her thigh through the rip in her dress, his eyes started trailing up the rest of her leg, his heart started beating frantically, a growl escaped his throat "Max....?" Max heard Alexander asking him something but he couldn't tear his eyes away from her. A new hunger burned the inside his veins, his cock throbbed to life, and his lungs could not expand. Max had to mentally and physically force himself not to touch her. Looking up, unfound jealously fired his gut when he saw the other men also admiring the lifeless woman.

Max was furious at his weak self-control, he couldn't feel like this, he could not allow it. He took a very long, deep breath, and turned his head toward Ben and Alexander who were looking up confused at him then asked, "You okay, Max? You look pale as hell"

"I'm Fine," Max growled at him. "Okay," Alexander sighed out loud "Where do you want us to take her?" Max looked at him and snarled, for some reason he didn't want them touching her, but didn't trust himself to be able to control himself, jealousy won as he quickly ordered the men.

"Open the back of the truck, there is a blanket there, spread it open over the seats. I'll handle it," Max said taking off his leather jacket covering her lower body, picking her up slowly. Her scent enveloped him, he closed his eyes, lowered his head to her hair, and breathed her in. Realizing what he was doing, he quickly walked over to the truck and laid her down on the backseat.

Max got in the truck without another word. What was wrong with him? Why is he responding this way to this girl, he wasn't a young one who was unable to control his needs. Max rolled down his window handing Alexander and Ben an envelope, "For your trouble. Take the Van to get painted, and reregistered, then disappear for a while. I'll call you guys later." A moment later, after he watched them drive off, started the Truck and kept an eye in the rear-view mirror, watching her. She lay there not moving and he wondered if that blow Ben gave her, maybe did more than knock her unconscious.

An hour later they pulled up in front of his log cabin. The modern cabin was set deep in the Kali forest. A luscious forest stood tall and thick on three sides of the cabin with the clearest blue lake in front. Max got out of the truck and slowly walked to the cabin's door, unlocking the doors. He stopped remembering the last time he had been there. He had just turned 21, and his father told him what his future would hold. That night He had phased for the first time, it was the worst pain imaginable, it was also the same night his mother had passed away. Two of the worst moments in his life.

Shaking off the memories, he went inside, turned on the lights, lit the fire, and then slowly walked over to the unconscious girl in his truck. He pulled her close to him, gathering her in his arms. "Damn, why do you smell so good?" he growled out loud. The girl stirred in his arms, and he pulled her even closer, smelling her hair again, "No, Max, what are you doing!!" he scolded himself but still couldn't stop liking the way she felt in his arms.

He carried her into the house and laid her down on the bed, making sure she was comfortable. He placed a pillow under her head, looking at the state of her he slowly took her shoes, trailing his finger up her calf, then down the other as he rid her of the other broken shoe. He pulled the blanket over her but every time his fingers touched her skin he felt a blast of sensation over his body, like a million sparks running up over his skin, igniting a fire in the pit of his stomach, sending blood to the already painful bulge in his jeans. Max sighed and turned around walking to the Bathroom before things got out of hand, hoping a cold shower would help shock his mind and body back to reality. But there was a slight whisper at the back of his mind, whispering...... "Mine"