CHAPTER 34

Hanna was in the kitchen, dressed in a floral dress, making coffee "Did you find anyone?" she asked in a shaky voice. "I couldn't pick anything up, but I have the pack searching the forest now, however, it was left in a hurry" he felt Hanna's eyes wondering over his still naked body, and when their eyes met, a rosy blush covered her cheeks in a deep red "What?... Why do you insist on walking around naked if you don't like people to stare,?" Hanna said with a little more spunk than usual, Max loved that his little wolf had claws. She looked down at her mug of coffee with cheeks blushing, as he laughed saying "You can look, touch and taste any part of me baby" and walked into the bedroom, returning a few minutes later wearing a black shirt and snug-fit jeans.

"Better?" he asked teasingly making Hanna blush all over again. Max took a seat next to Hanna who was now sitting on the sofa, staring into the lit fireplace. "Max I want to ask you something," she said not looking up. He pulled her into his lap, nuzzling her neck "Mmmm what's up" Hanna whispered in a sad voice "Max who asked you to kidnap me?". Max breathed a long sigh against her neck "Baby, why does it matter why, let's just be happy, can it just be us?" before Hanna could reply a knock interrupted them. Max jumped up, pushing Hanna behind him, he was infuriated at his wolf's weakened senses.

Max opened the door to Jo, a tall male with silver-white hair, "Sir, I have come to report as per your order," Max was furious but had to calm down for Hanna's sake. After taking a few calming breaths he answered "Thank you what did you find?". Taking a step towards the door, blocking any sight the wolf may have of Hanna. "We didn't find anyone but the human's scent was everywhere. Whoever it was left as quickly as they came. We followed the vehicle tracks out of the Forrest." Max frowned pulling a hand through his hair "So he was human, did you scent anything else?" Jo still standing in the doorway swiftly replied "Yes the human was wearing a Scent Shield, the reason I know it's foul smell was that I use it when hunting in human form, I used some today" And at that Max's fury dulled a little as thankfulness eased through him, his wolf's senses wasn't weakened by the bond.

Max thanked Jo and watched him leave. He didn't know who would have been watching them but he had a bad taste in his mouth. Max made his way back to Hanna, pulled her into his arms, and kissed her. "How about we make some lunch baby?" with that Hanna and Max made Chicken Mayo Wraps.

Max needed to talk to Mary, there were so many questions he needed answered, so after another passionate round of lovemaking on the sofa, Max suggested a ride into the village before the weather took a turn for the worst.