Chapter 50

Finn and Ryder's dad didn't say anything more on the topic. They helped me bring the dishes out to the dining room where we were all eating. We had seat this big table up and add tables to it to make it work. But we did it we had enough room from everyone.

Everyone sat down and we all ate and was having a good time. I sat between Ryder and Finn. They really are making sure he doesn't get near me. He a few from me on the other side of the table. Jake sat across of me.

"This dinner is delicious." Nicole's mothers said to Mrs. Lynn.

"Oh, thanks. But I can't take all the credit. Kitty helped me out a lot. This was a team effect." She told her.

"Oh, well what a great job." She said.

"Thanks." I said.

I know she can't stand me being here. So, she is acting so nice and everything. I don't think they ever really liked me. Truly, I never really cared for them. They were just like my parents. But Nicole and Ash is just like them. Love money and spending it.

After we all ate. We went to hanging out in the living room. I went to the kitchen to clean up for a bit. I truly don't want to be around all of them right now. Mostly, the girls. They still are questioning me. It's nothing against them.

"Kitty." I heard behind me. I know that voice. It was the one person I didn't want to be around.

I won't turn around and look at him. I know there was two always to get out of this kitchen. But was I quick enough to get there. I looked over to the glass sliding down that lead outside. I went for it. He saw me heading to it. He stopped me.

"Ash just leave me alone." I told him. I was trying to be brave right there. But my fear of him was trying to come out.

He looked at me and touched my face and moved a piece of hair out of my face. He then said,

"Why would I do that? You look so beautiful."

I tried to get away from him. I had my hand on the handle of the door to get outside. I slide it open and stepped out. He then almost fell but he caught himself before he did. He looked at me and smiled. He then turned away and headed inside. I just stayed out here.

I thought I could do it but looks like I was wrong. I just now want to get away from here until he leaves. So, I pulled out my phone and texted Ryder.

Hey, I need to get out of here. I thought I could do it. But I was wrong. I am sorry.

I then went out the back gate and headed down the street. I didn't know where I was going. I just needed to get away from there. I need to get away from Ash. He scares me. I fear him. I don't fear many people.

*Ryder's POV*

I was wondering how was Kitty doing. I then saw Ash come from the kitchen. When did he go in there? I got up and went in to see if Kitty was alright. He had this smirk on his face. I didn't like it. When I got into the kitchen Kitty wasn't there, but the sliding door was open. I looked out to the background. No Kitty. I then looked at my phone. I have one text from Kitty. I opened it to read,

Hey, I need to get out of here. I thought I could do it. But I was wrong. I am sorry.

It's okay. Where are you? You okay?

Lie or truth

Kitty, what happened?

Tell you when I return later. Just let me know when they leave. I then will return. I am sorry Ryder. I thought I was brave enough to do it. But I am not. He gets under my skin and scares me.

It's okay Kitty. Just clear your head and breathe. If you need anything. Just let me know. I will let you know when they leave. Be safe.

Always and thanks Ryder. Keep your temper to yourself and don't do anything stupid.

I won't for you.

I then headed back to the living room. I so want to go over to Ash and punch him in his smudge face. I know he did something to her. I just don't know what. I don't care what. I just hate him for it. I went and sat down by Finn. If anyone that can talk me out of something stupid it's him.