Dont push me away

Zeke

I woke up with Tar nestled into my side. She must have rolled over in her sleep. My arms were wrapped around her and my chin was resting on her head. I lay as quietly as I could, feeling her soft, rhythmic breathing. 

We stayed like this, it felt like forever and then as she stirred awake, it felt as if it was over too soon. Tar stretched, still half asleep and then she stopped. She lifted her head up and looked up at me, a look of surprise on her face.

"Hey," I smiled down at her.

She smiled back at me then she slid away from me to the other side of the bed. My stomach dropped in sadness as I felt the cool air surround me.

"Uh...morning," Tar said quietly. She swung her legs out of the bed with her back to me.

My hand twitched instinctively towards her. Tar looked over her shoulder at me and gave me another small smile.

"Tar..." I sat up and reached over to her. She stood up and took a step back away from the bed.

"I didn't mean to move into you like that," Tar said, fidgeting with her necklace. She turned and gathered up her clothes.

I watched her move across the room and I felt everything I wanted to say build up inside me. I frowned and lay back on the bed. I looked up at the white ceiling as I heard the bathroom door open and close.

Damn.

—————————————————————-

Tara

I sighed and stared at myself in the mirror. What was I thinking? I chewed my bottom lip nervously. I didn't know how I felt.

I still had feelings for Zeke, I still loved him but I was scared of feeling so vulnerable again. Zeke had managed to get right under my skin and chip away at all the walls that I'd built around me before. I knew he could do it again.

I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair back up away from my neck. My fingers twitched involuntarily, I wished I could just sit and draw.

A small tap at the door brought me out of my thoughts.

"Just a minute," I called out and I heard Zeke walk back to the main part of the room. I exhaled, pulled on my jeans and tshirt and walked back out.

How did he manage to look like that when he had just woken up?

His hair was rumpled and he was smiling a soft gentle smile as he looked at me. Zeke's tshirt was pulled taut against his chest and his normally pale skin was tanned. His eyes were bright and patient. I felt a swooping feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I fiddled with the necklace I wore. Zeke smiled again. The room started to feel very warm and very small.

"Zeke..I.." I opened my mouth to say something, anything but instead I floundered.

Zeke stood up and moved closely towards me. He bent his head and gently placed his hand to the side of my face. He softly moved his thumb across my cheek and I shivered despite the warmth of the room.

"Tar. I know there is a lot to say. I know there is a lot that has been left unsaid but I need you to know this."

He lowered his head further and placed his forehead on mine. He closed his eyes then looked at me again.

"You are the only person I think about, I missed you so much it felt as if a bit of me was missing. I saw you in that show and I was pulled back to the day I met you. I don't need anyone else to be happy. You are my happiness , you are my home."

My breath was shaky and I felt a tear run down my cheek. Zeke lifted his other hand and placed his hand on my chest, over my necklace. The necklace he gave me and I've never taken off.

"Tar. I love you."

He kissed me softly and slid his hand from my chest onto my hip, he pulled me closer and I held tightly onto him. He shifted and pulled me into a hug.

"So, please don't push me away." He murmured into my ear.

I wanted to be strong, I wanted to think I could do everything by myself but in reality I didn't want to. I wanted Zeke.

"I won't," I replied. "I won't."