Bar

Zeke

I ran around the track, picking my pace up and enjoying the feel of the wind pushing against me. It was nearly the end of the class but I just wanted to get a few more laps in before everyone left for the weekend.

It had nearly been six days since I had last seen Tar. I had messaged her to make she had got back home safely on Sunday night and she had messaged back with a 'yes'.

My mum had been called back into work so I'd eaten alone. Thinking of Tar and the way she made me laugh. How her eyes twinkled when she was about to say something cheeky. Her soft lips on mine and her gentle kisses.

I couldn't figure her out. She had told me something personal about herself that obviously still upset her despite her protestations and I thought she was starting to relax. As quickly as I had been allowed in, the wall went back up and I was left reeling. Wanting more.

I looked for her on Monday and Tuesday but thought she might be having a couple of days off. I messaged her on Wednesday night but had no reply. I didn't want to keep bothering her and potentially push her away so I had promised myself I'd wait until the weekend.

I just couldn't get her out of my head. It was madness, we barely knew each other! I've been with girls before but there's something about Tar that just makes me feel different.

I slowed down and jogged over to my bag. I pulled it into my shoulder and headed to the lockers when I heard a beep.

I checked my phone and let out a hiss of exasperation. Caitlin again. This girl was persistent.

See you at Bar tonight? I'll be there with shots ;) xx

I ignored it. The same way I had ignored all the other messages she had sent. I noticed another text from Max too.

Dude, I need beer tonight.

I typed back-Why?

It's Friday?

I grinned - Ha! Ok. Bar at 8?

Great

At least a few drinks with Max would take my mind off of Tar for a couple of hours at least.

------------------------------

Tara

"I'm not sulking!"

"Yes, you are!" Poppy threw her towel at me and started to apply her makeup. I lay on her bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I'm not! I'm just thinking. That's what artists do!"

"Well artists are all full of shit then and that includes you! Please Tar! We haven't been out in ages and I miss you!" Poppy spun on her makeup stool and looked at me with baleful eyes.

"Oh no! Don't you use those puppy dog eyes on me! It might work on your dad but not me! I'm made of stone!"

"Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee!"

I groaned and put a pillow over my face. I felt bad. I had barely seen Poppy since I had returned from holiday and I did miss her. I had spent the week at home. Mum hadn't been happy that I had left without telling her and I couldn't go into college with the marks on my face so I had stayed and tried to paint. I tried not to think about Zeke either. Both turned out to be impossible.