What were they feeding you?

Zeke

I opened the door to the apartment and closed it behind me. I could hear noise in the kitchen so I made my way down the hall and opened the door.

Sarah was eating breakfast, looking out the window. The radio was playing in the background. She turned and saw me.

"Hey," she smiled warmly. "Where have you been?"

"Out," I said ,walking to the coffee machine and pouring a large cupful. I sat opposite her at the table.

"Ok. So what are we going today? I've got so many things I want to see before we head up to Scotland."

"I think we need to have a talk Sarah. I think we've managed to get our wires crossed here. You know we aren't in a relationship don't you?"

Sarah leaned back in her chair and looked at me with an unusual expression.

"I just don't think it is a good idea for you to come back to Scotland with me. I'm happy to stay down in London with you a few days but I'll be going back home alone." I continued.

"It's because of her isn't it?" She murmured.

"What?"

"Tar. I know you guys were together. I saw the book of drawings you have in your rucksack when we were at camp." She spoke in a hard, flat tone.

"You went through my things?" I stood up and poured my coffee down the sink. "Wait, you knew and you told her I was your boyfriend?"

She shrugged, "Sure. We are. You just don't realise it yet."

"Sarah, we aren't! We had fun but it was nothing more than that. You knew that!"

Sarah walked over to me and placed her hands on my chest.

"Zeke. Come on. She clearly doesn't want you. I do."

I took her hands and moved them away.

"I'm sorry but no. I don't want to and, what's worse, you did something really sneaky."

I left the room and grabbed my rucksack out the room I'd been sleeping in. Sarah followed me.

"You're leaving?" She shouted.

"Yes."

I felt something whizz past my ear and then I saw Sarah's coffee cup smash against the wall.

"Shit!" I gasped.

"Don't you fucking dare leave me!" She yelled.

I shook my head, turned and walked out.

I just wanted to go home and be with Tar.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tara

I shoved my clothes into my bag quickly. After I had seen Zeke, I walked out the back door and headed straight back to the apartment. I needed to get out of here. I needed to go back to Scotland.

My phone rang and I looked at the screen. Poppy.

I sighed and sat on my bed, I took a deep breath then answered.

"Hi."

"Tar, where are you? Simon and I came to the gallery and you were gone. Where are you?"

"I'm at the apartment. I need to go back to Scotland. Now."

"What? We were going to take you out tonight. Oh and guess who I bumped into..? Wait, is this why you're going?"

"I need to go home, Poppy. I've seen Zeke and his new girlfriend. I just need to get out of here. You and Simon can stay in my room. Just keep it clean when you leave."