Ready

Tara

I dressed in jeans and a jumper then climbed into the car beside Zeke. He had a small secretive smile.

"You're not going to tell me where we are going are you?"

"Nope!" His grin grew wider.

I groaned. He laughed, started the car and pulled away.

We drove for a couple of hours, listened to music and joked around. It was nice feeling this easy with someone and part of me still can't believe that it's Zeke.

We headed North and I slept for a while whilst Zeke sang softly along with Ben Howard. I woke up when we started to bump along a rocky road.

"Still not telling?" I asked.

Zeke shook his head in response. I looked out the window and admired the view. The mountains were breathtaking and there was big clumps of heather along the roadside.

Zeke turned up a small lane and nestled amongst the forest was a small cottage. It had patches of moss and ivy crawling up to the roof. There was a thick thatch roof and smoke billowed cheerily out of the chimney. I rolled the window down and breathed in deeply. A rich peaty smoke smell invaded my nostrils. It was lovely.

Zeke parked the car alongside the cottage and looked at me expectantly.

"Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful!

"Good, this is where we are staying for the weekend."

I squeaked and Zeke laughed. He opened his door, walked round and opened mine.

"Birthday girl," he said in a mock serious tone.

I chuckled and took his hand. We walked up to the door and Zeke fished the key out his pocket. He opened the door and lifted me up over the doorway into a big living room and kitchen.

I laughed as he carried me over to the sofa and sat me down.

"That was quite an entrance!" I joked looking around me.

The room was painted a dark red and cream. Heat was radiating from the small wood burner and there was checked throws all over the seats. I kicked off my shoes and walked across the wooden floor towards the full length glass doors at the back of the cottage. They pulled back onto wooden decking where there was a hot tub and view of the forest and mountains. It was breathtaking and Zeke had done all of it for me.

I felt his arms slip around my waist and I leaned back against his chest.

"Is it ok?" He whispered in my ear.

"I can't believe you did this for me. I love it and I love you." I turned and kissed him.

"I love you too," he murmured. He rested his forehead against mine with his eyes closed. I wondered what he was thinking. He let go and walked to the small kitchen, opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of champagne.

"Drink? Hot tub?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

"Yes please," I stopped. I hadn't packed anything.

"Your bag is upstairs in the bedroom, Poppy packed it."

"You thought of everything!" I climbed up the wooden stairs and looked around. There was a bathroom to the left and to the right, I opened the door and gasped. A huge bed facing opposite full length glass doors that showed the same spectacular view as downstairs. The room was painted in a soft duck egg blue and there was small fairy lights wrapped around the bed frame.

I opened my bag and saw what Poppy had packed. Oh hell.

-----------------------------

Zeke