Where you go, I go

Zeke

Her Mum?

Her Mum did all that to her? I stared at Tar as she cried, I held her close and kissed her curls. I could feel my jaw clench with anger. Her own fucking mum?

Tar spoke quietly, describing the beatings and how she could only afford to eat once a day as she needed to buy supplies for school.

My Mum stood up, "I'll give you both some time together."

I looked at Mum gratefully as she left. She nodded and closed the door behind her.

"Tar?" I stroked her hair. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. I understand why you didn't tell anyone. Why did she do it?"

Tar fiddled with her hair, "I...I don't know. I think it was the drink that did it."

I nodded. I had a feeling she wasn't telling the whole truth but she didn't need to be pushed into telling me.

We sat in silence. I kept stroking her hair and thinking about how bruised she'd looked. I can't believe anyone would want to hurt her. I held her close, she is so important to me and nobody wouldn't hurt her again.

Someone tapped on the door and my Mum popped her head into the room.

"You guys ok?"

"We're fine Mum," I said, holding Tar close.

"Good," Mum walked in and sat on a chair. " Tara, I've spoken to my colleagues and you can leave the hospital today. Bad news is, you've got to come and stay with us so I can keep a close eye on you. I've been given supplement drinks for you and an eating plan to help increase your calories gradually. What do you think?"

Tar nodded, "Thank you so much, Rose."

She glanced at me, " Is this alright with you?"

I smiled, "Where you go, I go."

She cuddled back into me, I mouthed 'thank you' to my Mum.

"Right!" Rose clapped her hands. "I'll see you guys at home. Just pack your stuff and make your way there."

She left again and I kissed Tar's head.

"Come on, Tar. Let's go home."

————————————————

When we got home, I carried Tar's bags into my room. She stood in the doorway awkwardly.

"Are you ok?" I walked over and held her in my arms.

"Do you really want me here? I can go back to mine. I don't mind. I mean, we've barely started..."

I stopped Tar talking by kissing her. I didn't know how to tell her how much I cared about her, how worried I'd been about her and how glad I was that she was safe. I didn't know how to tell her that I wasn't going anywhere. There was so much to tell her but I didn't want to scare her away.

So I kept kissing her. She kissed me back and I pulled her gently into the room, kicking the door closed behind me. We moved to my bed, not breaking the kiss and Tar moved on top of me.

I ran my hands down her back and up into her hair. She arched her back and I gripped her tight.Kissing her felt so different and I didn't want to stop.

Tar's phone beeped and she leaned up, reaching out to her bag.I groaned and tried to pull her back.

"Zeke!" She laughed.

"Just five more minutes," I murmured.

She paused and looked at me, a small smile on her lips.

"Make it ten," she said, bringing her face close to mine.

"Deal."

—————————

Tara

My phone beeped again.

"Zeke," I mumbled against his lips, "I really need to get this."

He grumbled as I climbed off of him and reached into my bag, searching for my phone.

"Oh shush, that was much longer than ten minutes!" I sat back and poked him in the side.

He grinned,sat up and kissed my cheek.

"I hadn't noticed."

I rolled my eyes as he got up and padded about his room.

My phone rang - Poppy.

"Hi Pops."
"Tar! Are you ok? I haven't heard from you in days! I got back from the college trip and you weren't there! Have you been kidnapped? Do I need to get my ninja gear on?"
I smiled, "No Poppy, ninja gear isn't required at the moment."

Zeke looked at me, smiled then walked out of his room.

"So what have you been doing? Tell me all! Wait, let me tell you about this guy I met on the trip. He's gorgeous, blue eyes and a huge..."
"Poppy!"
"Personality! I was going to say personality!"

I crossed my legs, "Poppy, my mum died."

There was silence.

"Oh my god, Tar and I've been rambling on about nonsense. Where are you? I'm coming to you. Is your Aunt Leah with you?" I could hear Poppy, rushing around and closing doors.

"I was in the hospital. I'm ok though. I'm going to call Aunt Leah just now. I'm at Zeke's house."

"ZEKE'S HOUSE?!" She squealed at a pitch so high, I'm sure all the glasses shattered in her house.

"Uh yeah," I said awkwardly.

"Ok, we have lots to talk about. Where does he live? Do you want me to come over today or tomorrow?"

I stifled a yawn, " I'm pretty tired, Pops. Can I see you tomorrow?"

"Course, Tar. I'm so sorry about your Mum. Text me the details tomorrow and I'll meet you wherever. Love you."

"Love you too, Pops."

I ended the call and checked my missed messages. They were all from Poppy, in varying levels of hysteria. She made me laugh and I was lucky to have her.

I glanced at the time, Aunt Leah would be busy with the harvest but she might have her mobile.

Aunt Leah was my dad's sister. My Mum and Aunt Leah had a rocky relationship following Dad's death. Mum would often call her when she was drunk and shout obscenities at her.  They hadn't seen each other since Dad's funeral.

I sighed and dialled, I didn't know how this was going to go.

——————————

Zeke

I heard Tar talking and tapped on the door.

She opened it and smiled at me.

"Ok, Aunt Leah. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I know. Bye."

She ended the call and looked at the tray in my hands. I had ordered pizza and opened a couple of beers.

"You read my mind," she said.

"Thought pizza and a movie?" I placed the tray on my table.

"Brilliant," she smiled.

"Is your Aunt Ok?" I asked, handing Tar a beer.

Tar nodded, " She's going to try and come down. She's really busy with the harvest."

She sipped her beer then sat on my bed.

"Zeke. Thank you for all of this. I know guys don't like drama and I seem to have a lot of it at the moment. I'm sorry." She put her head in her hands.

"Tar, I'm just glad you're ok. I just want you to be ok," I knelt next to her. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you again."