Epilogue

Mikey made his way into the elevator. To his right, Nida, and to his left Edgar. The elevator doors opened, letting them step foot on the 3rd floor. They walked to the nurse's station in a slow pace. Mikey gave the nurse a smirk.

Nurse Valerie, who had been working here for almost a year and was just at the age of 23. Only five years older than Michael. She loved when her boss' son came over. He was candy to the eye.

"Val, I like your scurbs, that's my favorite color." Mikey said.

Valerie blushed as she looked down at her blue scrubs. "Thank you." She smiled.

"By any chance have you seen my father?" Mikey asked.

"He's in his office."

"I was hoping you would say no, that way I could stay and chat-"

"Mike let's go." Edgar rolled his eyes. His brother was taking to long.

"Looks like I have to go." Mikey shrugged.

Valerie waved good bye and watched them walk away.

"You always flirt with her." Edgar huffed. "Just ask her out already."

"Flirting is natural for me. Comes out of my mouth before I can stop it. Besides you know I have a girl."

"No you don't." Nida said.

"You're seven! What do you know?" Mikey looked down at his sister.

"Robin? She isn't your girlfriend. She likes you. But she's not your's." Edgar smirked.

"Shut it, kid." Mikey rolled his eyes.

"I'm ten!" Edgar argued.

"Still a kid."

They got to their dad's office still arguing. Clay opened the door grabbing Mikey by the ear and pulling him into his office.

"What kind of foolery is this Michael? You're going to be 18! I could hear you and Edgar arguing from down the hall. How many times have I told you that this is a hospital. There are patients trying to rest!" Clay fumed with anger. Michael and Edgar looked over at Nida hoping the daddy's little girl, could calm him.

"I brought you lunch Daddy." Nida looked at her dad with some puppy eyes.

"Aw, come here bug." Clay took the lunch bag from her and set it on his desk before picking up his little girl. "Thank you." He kissed her forehead. Nida hugged her dad while giving the boys a glare. This ment they owed her. She was bound to get ice cream by the end of the day.

"Where's your mom?" Clay asked.

"Not my mom." Michael rolled his eyes.

"Where's Angie?" Clay questioned again.

"Mom sent us to bring you lunch for your extra shift. She stayed to clean the house and wash clothes." Edgar said.

Michael hated the fact that these kids had their mother living in the same house as them. His dad had been married to Angie for 10 years. Meanwhile Michael hopped around from his dad's house to his mom's. And only when his dad let him go visit his mom. These kids had it all. Especially Nida, who had Clay wrapped around her little finger.

"I'm going to go." Michael sighed.

"Michael."

"What dad?" Michael looked at him.

"Stop bothering my cancer patients." Clay said.

"Robin is more than a cancer patient. And I need to go see her."