Ch 15. Mint Ice Cream

Amara's POV

My back was starting to hurt from laying on the ground.

"Okay and this one?" Clay asked from next to me. He played the song from his phone.

"Easy, John Newman, Love me again."

"You're good." He said.

"He's so cute. And his voice. . . Man I could listen to him all day."

"You haven't heard me sing..." Clay turned to his side to look at me.

"And I don't want to. I prefer not to damage my hearing." I laughed. He took a picture of me with his camera.

"Fair enough." He smiled.

"I thought you were done with our mini photoshoot."

"I can never have too many pictures of you."

"Until you get tired of me and never want to see me again. Then you'll erase them all, every single one of them."

"Never."

"So you want ice cream?" I asked.

"Sure let's go."

He helped me up off the grass. I grabbed my backpack that was next to the tree. And then we walked down the street going to the nearest ice cream shop.

Today was the day my Aunt would arrive at my house. So I invited Clay to hang out with me at the park after school. We acted like small children on the play ground first. He had his camera with him. And we had a mini photoshoot. Then we just chilled under the shade of a tree. He was showing me the music on his phone.

We got to the ice cream shop and waited in line.

"What's your favorite?" I asked.

"You're my favorite." He smirked.

"I'm talking about ice cream!" I blushed.

He chuckled. "I like mint chocolate chip."

This guy was unbelievable. How dare he embarrass me like that. People could hear him.

It was finally our turn to order. I got my regular cookie dough and chocolate chip in a bowl. And Clay got his favorite on a sugar cone.

"$6. 73" The girl smiled.

Clay opened his wallet but I put a ten dollar bill in the cashier's hand. She gave me the change and we want to sit down in a booth.

"Why didn't you let me pay?" He asked as he sat across from me.

"I invited you." I said. "Oh my gosh... the male doesn't always have to pay. I mean if that were the case then why would woman fight for equal pay?"

"I didn't say you couldn't pay."

I laughed. "Good. I can afford ice cream."

"Okay, so why not on a cone?" He asked then put the ice cream cone to his lips.

"Because as much as I love ice cream, I feel awkward sitting across from you just licking the cone."

He paused, and lowered his cone.

I smiled trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, thanks for telling me that. Now I feel all weird."

"Wanna know how to feel just a bit better?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"Come sit next to me."

He raised an eyebrow. I patted the seat next to me, making him get up. He sat next to me and I smiled.