Ch. 13 Stupid Google

Clay's POV

You'd think I would be the one to avoid Amara, but it was her who had not showed up at the table in all week. I think I lost my friend. I texted her and she didn't answer. I wanted to go to her house but I don't know if she'd want me there.

I walked to the table where Amelia was sitting all by herself. I know she knows something but she won't tell me. Besides me, Amelia, is Amara's other friend.

"Have you seen Amara?" I asked Amelia. She looked up from her phone.

"Well today is, what? Thursday. So nope, I haven't seen her since Moday."

"Amelia, please. Amara might of dissed me, but I still care about her. She's avoiding me and I bet she tells you everything."

She looked back down at her phone. "She's sick."

"Sick?"

"Yeah, she's at the hospital."

"How come you didn't tell me! How long has she been there?"

"Long enough." She muttered.

"What the heck Amelia!"

"Don't yell at me, Clay. She didn't want anyone to know. And specially not you. You should be happy I told you. How was your date with Cindy?"

Oh crap. She knows I took Cindy out. Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have done that. "Amara had told me she didn't want a relationship. She curved me."

"She does like you but she's scared and you probably don't care. You really don't know her. . ." She whispered. She looked down at her phone. "She's out."

She raised the phone to her ear. "Hey how are you feeling?" She put it on speaker.

"... tired and nauseous but, I'll be fine. You're at lunch right?" Amara asked.

"Yeah, I'm alone at the table, waiting for your lover to get here." Amelia looked me straight into the eyes.

"Very funny Am, he's probably sitting there with Cindy by his side." I could picture her with a frown on her lips. "You just don't want to tell me."

"You know I would tell you if that were true. He asked for you earlier."

"Really? What did you tell him?"

"That you're sick." Amelia said.

"You didn't tell him-" I couldn't hear the rest since she took it off speaker.

"No, I didn't." Amelia cleared her throat. "I should go. I'll pass by your house later... okay, bye." She hung up and put her phone away.

"You didn't tell me what?" I asked Amelia.

"I didn't tell you earlier and I'm not going to tell you now. I can't, I'm sorry."

"Hey guys, no lunch today?" Ben asked.

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"You're turning into Amara now. She doesn't eat. And when she does she'll eat just about anything." Ben said.

I shook my head and ignored him.

I was confused at the moment. I didn't understand why Amara would want to hide anything from me. We are friends. She should trust me.

Why was she at the hospital? I need to go visit her. I need to talk to her. I have to clear things up between us. We may not be a couple but we're friends.

She means a lot to me, as a friend.

"So are we going to the concert tomorrow? I think it can be fun. I mean had fun at the Valentine's Party one." Amelia said.