Ch. 10 His Fear

"You have dark bags under your eyes..." Terri took a seat next to me. It was weird of her to sit next to me. She was usually always next to Ben. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"No." I sighed.

"How was the party?" She asked.

"It was... fun. You should've gone."

"I don't really hang out at those parties."

"She's waiting for the day the cheer squad will take her back, and she'll be cool again." Ben took a seat in front of us.

She glared at him and he raised an eyebrow, challenging her. Terri blinked and looked away.

"I'm sorry Terri. But you need to stop daydreaming. You're not like them anymore, and no matter what you do or what you hide, you'll never be invited back. Cheer is for now. Most of those girls are backstabbing bitches either way. After high school they'll be nothing. School social status doesn't get you a job." Ben finished.

Terri stood up from the bench in a flash. She walked away, waving through the cafeteria to reach the doors.

I looked at Ben wondering what he was going to do. He kinda went off on Terri. Although what he had said was fairly true, it was mean of him to just blurt it out.

He sighed and got up going after her.

"What happened here?" Amelia asked from next to Clay. They looked towards where Ben and Terri had just exited

"I don't know..."

Amelia took a seat were Ben had been. Clay took his usual seat next to me.

"Hey, I got you a sandwich." He put the sandwich in front of me.

"Thank you." I gave him a smile.

"You look tired." He said.

"Where did you guys go?" Amelia asked.

"Huh?" Clay looked at her.

"Last night. You guys were supposed to wait by the stage. We got back and we couldn't find you. Where did you guys go?"

Clay interlaced his fingers with mine under the table.

"Uh, Sam texted me saying she didn't feel good. I called her but she didn't answer and I got worried."

"I drove her back home. Sam had a high fever, but we managed to get it down. It was too late to go back to the party so we took care of Sam and then I went home." Clay said.

"You could have messaged me so I could've known. You guys just ditched us." Amelia unwrap her sandwich.

"We're sorry." Clay said.

"It's okay." She smiled.

"How much for the sandwich?" I asked Clay.

"I brought it for you. It's nothing." He shrugged.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah."

He released my hand, letting me grab my food. Like I've said, I love food. Too bad I loose my appetite all the time because of this stupid sickness. Oh, my love for food...

Clay put a fancy looking envelope in front of me.

"What's this?"

"I forgot to show you yesterday, but I won Best PSA for Diversity here at school. Now they will show it at the movie theater. It's going against other videos from different schools. We're invited." He said.