Ch. 12 Interview

Clay's POV

From the cafeteria door I could see Jonathan sitting at our table. It bugged me that he got to spend time with Amara today after school, so what was he doing here at lunch? Couldn't he just wait?

I walked over to the table anyways. Amelia was already there. I wonder where Amara is at, she is always the first one here.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi Clay." She said. "You know Jonathan right?"

"Yeah." I looked at him and gave him a nod.

"He's inviting us to a mini concert The Runner Ups are having on Friday." She said.

"I can't on Friday, I'm sorry."

"It's cool man." Jonathan said. He looked over at Amelia. "Tell Amara to stop by, yeah?" He said.

"Don't you have studies with Amara after school, it's Monday?" I asked taking a seat.

"She said she had something to do today." He said. "Anyway, I should go."

"Bye, Jonathan!" Amelia smiled.

I watched her as he left. Her eyes gluded to his back. A smile still on her lips...

"You know he has a girlfriend, right?" I told her.

"Who does?" Amara asked as she sat down next to me. She put a big yellow envelope on the table.

"Jonathan." I answered.

"Well I haven't seen her yet." Amelia looked at us.

"Yeah, it's Alison. Lead singer from The Runner Ups." Amara said.

"My life is sadly unromantic. Why can't I have a best guy friend and fall deeply in love with each other." Amelia sighed.

"Love is for fools." Amara shook her head slightly. Ben and Terri sat next to Amelia, each with a tray of food.

"Oh come on Amara, you can't go about the rest of your life thinking you won't become a fool." I said.

"I said it was for fools, not that I wouldn't become one. Although I highly doubt I will."

"What fall in love? Everyone must fall in love. It's mandatory." Terri said.

"Yeah, don't you read books?" Ben smirked.

"Not all books are about love." Amara answered. "Can we stop talking about this. What is there for lunch today?"

"Chicken nuggets and cheese sticks." Ben said. "Did you guys know-"

"No one cares." Terri rolled her eyes. "So are we going out?"

"Where to?" Amara asked.

"Jonathan just told us there is a concert Friday." Terri poked at her nuggets.

Amara just nodded in recognition but didn't say anything eles. Maybe she don't want to go.

Suddenly a folded paper fell in front of me.

I opened it up to read. 'Meet me at the library right now. With Amara.'

What?

I looked for anyone I know walking way.

"Did you see who put this here?" I asked.

"Some guy with a huge black hoodie. I think he needs a smaller size." Terri said.

"It was Dawson. That guy that does yearbook." Ben said.

That Dawson, I know him. I give him many of the pictures I take for the yearbook. I wonder what he wants Amara for.