Ch. 16. Victor Salas

I can't believe it.

I was starring at Coconut's belly. I mean I knew she was fat but it was hard to believe she was pregnant. Her nipples had enlarged and they were just there. I felt them as I rubbed Coconut's belly, as she laid by my side. Her purring was like music to my ears. It so soothing it made me want to sleep. Which to be honest, was weird because I could never sleep.

"Amara? Are you ready?" My father called from outside my door.

"No."

"Then hurry up!" He said. Okay so he was grumpy. We didn't talk much after my seizure yesterday. I kinda ruined his proposal and I feel terrible about it.

I was being selfish like always. I only cared to get my justice but it's not like it was important.

All I wanted was to hear my father say, he believes me.

All this time that he was with Sam and she would treat me like shit, I would tell him and he wouldn't believe me. I just want him to believe me.

At last, I'm the bad guy here. My father's going to get married. I'm going to die. And they're going to live happily ever after.

Because the villain always gets defeated. Unless it's cancer. Cancer usually wins.

"Amara! You're going to be late!"

I stood up and grabbed my backpack. I was ready, I've been ready for the last hour. I just don't want to go to school. I was fighting with myself, over going to school or not. I didn't want to go but my Aunt Lorie was still here and I didn't want to see her.

You might not understand how I feel, but imagine your aunt, who looks like your mom, sitting at the dinner table while your father proposes to another witch... Yeah it's exactly like that.

I bumped into Aunt Lorie as I left my room. My heart raced as I looked up to see her.

"Amara, I was hoping to catch you on your way out." She said.

"You caught me." I smiled.

"Im going to be leaving in a couple of hours... Honey, I know you were a bit upset last night. You don't want your dad to remarry, I get it, but you have to give him a chance. Mitch and I, we told him to go ahead, to propose to Sam-"

"I'm not upset. I'm disappointed. Not in my dad but in Sam. Sam and I had a deal and she stabbed my back." I said.

"I don't know what deal you guys had, but revenge will fix nothing."

"Your right. That's why I'm going to let this one roam in her conscience while I'm at school. I've come to learn that silence is the worst type of pain." I smirked. "Anyways, I was very happy to see you. You should come visit more offten, I only have a couple months, you know."

"Amara-"

I gave her a hug, which she returned. It was more than just a distraction. It was like reliving a memory. I needed that hug, even if she couldn't tell. I just wanted to feel as close as I could to my mom. She wasn't my mom but that's as close as I'll get. And I'm willing to take it, even if it made my heart ache.

When we stepped away from each other, I saw her tears. I tried to smile but I failed and I ran out to my father's car.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I quickly buckled up.

I nodded as I looked out the window. I closed my eyes and controlled my breathing.

"Amara, about last night, I'm sorry if you are uncomfortable with all of this. I just, I thought you were getting along with Sam just fine. And I thought it would be okay, but I was wrong-"