Kisses

I could tell that Rumple was more than thrilled for his children. He laid his hands on my stomach for several minutes. The euphoria of all that had happened kept us giggling, laughing, and talking until sunrise.

I looked out the window and admired the sky, which was radiant with colors. I typically enjoyed this view during my walk to the school. I was going to miss the kids, but I had the perfect substitute for them.

Ruby would be filling in - she's currently going to school online for her Masters in teaching. She enjoys dance, theatre, and the arts. I was almost worried my students would come to like her more than me, but figured it was useless to think about such silly things.

Mary Margaret agreed to help Ruby with the classes, school play, and dance group. I'd told Mary this morning that I'd be sick longer than expected and that Mr. Gold would take care of me, as I was on strict bed rest and he was compassionately allowing me to stay with him.

I left out that I was pregnant. Mary would assume they were Whale's kids. This could destroy my relationship with her and the last thing I needed was for gossip to spread that I was pregnant with Doctor Whale's children. I was nearly certain he'd try to use this as an opportunity to get me back, and I didn't want Whale to be any part of the life of Rumple and I's kids.

Rumple would be picking up my belongings from Mary's apartment. I told her that she should invite Emma to live with her, and Mary seemed excited at the idea. I really hoped it would all work out. Mary further agreed to call me everyday and give me updates on what's going on in her life and in the town.

I thought about how very glad I was that she was my friend here. Who would have thought the Snow White would become close to Mrs. Rumpelstiltskin? I smiled amused whilst being amused by the odd relationships the curse brought about.

While in thought, Rumple placed a soft kiss on my head and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. We let our heads rest on each other as we gazed into the other's eyes. After a minute, Rumple let out a small sigh and pulled away. He slowly got off the bed and grabbed his cane. All the while, I watched him with curiosity and tilted my head.

"Where are you going, love?" I ran my hands through my hair absentmindedly and sat up slightly. A slight pang in my stomach convinced me to lay back down. "Do you need to be at the shop today?"

I heard the slight quiver in my voice. I didn't want Rumple to leave; I was hoping we would hold and love each other throughout the day. I knew he was a busy man, but reuniting with your wife seemed to be a justifiable reason to take the day off.

Rumple gave a small laugh; he seemed slightly amused by my reaction. He leaned on his cane and gingerly took my hand into his. He placed a soft kiss before replying.

"I thought I'd make us breakfast." He gave me a half-smile and look stunningly handsome despite the lack of sleep and busy night. "First, I'd like to draw you a bath. While you're bathing, I'll be whipping up whatever your heart desires."

"No husband could be better than you." Delightedly I giggled and smiled to him. I was so glad he is mine. He made his way to the bathroom and I began to shimmy my clothes off from under the covers as I heard the water pour into the tub. Once the tub was filled, Rumple came out and I emerged from the covers.

"You do always like to be prepared." Rumple laughed as he looked between myself and the clothes on the floor. I gave a teasing nod as I went to pass by him to go to the bathroom. As I was walking, he reached his arm out to my side. When I stopped, he dropped his cane and ushered me into his arms like our wedding night. "I would hate for you to walk too long and risk the lives of our children."

I heard the tease in his voice. I cocked an eyebrow at him then kissed him. I let my left hand run through his hair as my right arm draped over his shoulder. He ushered us into the bathroom and I was amazed.

There were candles flickering and rose petals sprinkled throughout. The bath was a pristine white with gold accents, and the tub was a large jacuzzi. I bit my lip as I saw it would clearly be enough for two.

Rumple began to set me in the warm bath water, but I held onto him. I looked at him, longing for him to stay with me.

"Won't you join me?" I said with a slight tease. I could tell he was tempted and began to kiss his cheeks to try and persuade him. Yet, my stomach betrayed me and let out a hungry growl.

Rumple couldn't help but laugh and I rolled my eyes. I let go of him and sank into the luxurious tub. It seemed he had placed bath melts and salts into the tub. The feeling and aroma was splendid.

"What would you like for breakfast?" He asked as he sat on the edge of the tub. I pondered for a minute before answering. If I were honest, I was so hungry that anything sounded good.

"An omelette would be nice." I finally replied after a minute of two. My body seemed to have melted into the bath. Partly due to the warm water, yet mostly due to Rumple's loving gaze.

He nodded to my request, kisses my head, then headed out of the room. I closed my eyes and began to think of the last time I had seen him as my husband.