Chapter 17

I open my eyes. The peacefulness surrounds me. The bright light is shining though the french doors of my favorite room. I look around the room and see my wedding dress and Draco's tux on the ground. I pull the covers up to my chin. Draco is absent and his side of the bed is cold as he has been up for a while.

He comes back wearing only a pair boxer shorts and he is carrying a tray. When he sees me awake he smiles. "Good morning." He says. He places the tray on the bed next to me. And sits down. "What do we have this morning?" I ask. "Hmm...well we have a lovely toasted bread slightly burnt with melted butter. Your chef apologizes for this, he isn't the best cook. We also have some freshly squeezed orange juice, aka from the bottle." He says playing along.

I grin, taking a bite of the blackened toast. "Mmm tell the chef I very much appreciate the effort." I says. "I'm sure he will be glad to hear." He says, taking a bite of the piece I am holding. "Your sure wandering around the house in those tiny things is a good idea?" I ask referring to his shorts. "Always a plus side for having a big mansion is that nobody sees you." He laughs.

"This room is absolutely gorgeous." I say, admiring the size and glory of it. The bed has four large wooden posts coming up from each corner. It has soft silk white sheets and it is probably bigger then a king sized bed. On the far end of the room is a large closet and dresser and next to that is the bathroom that is almost as big as the room itself. Then opposite to the French doors is the doorway out.

"I know right. I don't come in here a lot. I'm not sure why though maybe it is just far away from the main part of the house. It's like a different world up here." He says looking up. "It's my favorite." I say. He looks back at me making me remember my vulnerability as I pull the sheets up again.

"Lets go away." He says. Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "What?" I say not sure what he means because that's not very practical. "I want to make more mornings just like this one. Lets go away just for a little while. Maybe just a few weeks." He says. His eyes light up as he realizes that this could be a possibility.

"Where? Are you sure your parents would let us?" I ask, turning on my side to face him. "Who cares what they say. As long as we are back in time for school they don't get to decide. Lets go far away." He says, his grey eyes glowing.

"Let's go to Alaska! I have always wanted to go there." I say. "You mean the Alaska that is all the way over in the United States?" He says jumping up. "The very same one!" I say, pulling the blanket up with me. "We are going to Alaska!" I say. "We are going to Alaska!" He jumps up and runs to the bathroom.

"Get packing!" He shouts. "Now? We are going to Alaska now?" I shout in excitement. "We are going to Alaska right now." He says, sticking his head out the door with a big smile. Oh how I love married life.