six

1:17 pm, 23rd October, 1976

"We're going to be late!" Lily complained, hurriedly picking up socks and scarves from the floor and throwing them onto her bed in a pile

"I know, I know!" Harper tied up the laces on her boots whilst simultaneously trying to tie up her hair.
"Here," Lily knelt down and tied up one of Harper's boots whilst Harper did the other.

The was a small knock on the dormitory door.
Neither girl heard anything as the door was slowly pushed open.

"Harp?"

"R... Remus?" She looked up to see the boy awkwardly poking his head around the door.
"Yeah, you guys ready to go?" He grinned sheepishly at the floor before looking up at them.
"Yeah, yeah." Harper stood up, nearly knocking Lily over.
"Hey, pay attention." Lily grumbled, standing up and straightening out her clothes.

The three of them exited the room and arrived in the common room where they were greeted by a very impatient Sirius and hungry Peter.

"What were you guys doing?" Sirius complained, pulling at Harper's arm to move her out of the common room quicker.
"Well Harper was sleeping until about ten minutes ago." Lily laughed.
"You know it's the afternoon right?" Sirius raised his eyebrows.
"Exactly my point, why should I be awake?" Harper grumbled.

It didn't take long for the group to have left the castle, making their way across the grounds and towards the Quidditch pitch.

As they neared the stands a wave of noise - chanting and shouting - engulfed them.

"Has the game started?" Sirius nearly shrieked as he started running closer. The others looked around at each other, confused, before sprinting after the shaggy-haired boy.

Eventually they reached the Gryffindor stands just in time to see the players kick off from the ground. The teams hovered around the box of balls on the ground, waiting patiently for the match to begin.

"I think it's going to rain." Harper looked up at the swirling grey clouds above their heads.

"And let the game begin!"

James swooped forward, snatching the quaffle from the air and speeding away before any other players had to chance to even realise what was going on. Marlene on the other hand shot up into the air, hovering far above everyone's heads as she surveyed the scene.

Just as James scored the first points of the match the heavens opened from above, releasing violent lashings of rainfall.

The game never seemed to end. After one long hour Harper was soaking to the bone, her hair hung limply to her face and she was shivering uncontrollably.

"No coat, Brooke?" Sirius asked as he tugged his own hood over his head.
"Actually, I'm wearing one right now. Can't you tell?" She stammered, clenching her jaw to stop her teeth from chattering.

"Here," Remus pulled off his scarf and wrapped it around her neck before taking off his jacket and putting it over her shoulders. She pulled the hood over her head and let out a long, jittery breath.
"You're going to freeze now! I feel bad, why don't you at least keep your jacket." Harper looked up at him but he just shrugged.
"It's alright, I don't want you to get sick."

Harper leaned against his side and continued to watch the game, relaxing a little more now she wasn't on the verge of getting hypothermia.
Slowly, Remus snaked his arm around her shoulders and pulled her against his side more tightly. She glanced up at him for a second but he steadily kept his eyes focused on the game as the rain continued to fall. His hair was falling into his eyes and he started to cough, rubbing the rain off of his face. Harper reached up and brushed his hair to the side, "Thanks." She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder. Remus couldn't contain his smile anymore and he spent the rest of the game with Harper in his arms and an enormous grin on his face.

Lily and Sirius shared a knowing look. Their two friends were one of the few things Lily and Sirius actually agreed on.

Harper on the other hand was eyeing Sirius as he watched Marlene dart about on her broomstick. It was clear, Harper was brilliant at matchmaking.

"Hey Black, Marlene's looking pretty good." Harper almost had to shout to be heard over the rain and wind. At the sound of this, Sirius' eyes shot wide open.
"W-well yeah. Got my eyes on this gorgeous Ravenclaw girl though. Reckon I can make that last a good week or two."

Harper rolled her eyes and continued to watch Marlene dart about in the sky above their heads.
Maybe Sirius wasn't the best match for her, but Marlene was lovely and she deserved to at least be happy.