five

7:28 am, 11th October, 1976

"How is it you smell of coffee?" Harper asked, rubbing a small section of Remus' jumper between her fingers

"Sorry." He mumbled tiredly, staring down at his breakfast.
"No, I like it. It's nice." She smiled reassuringly.

"Move up!" Sirius announced as he arrived at the table.
"There's no room Black." Harper frowned.
"There's always room for me, budge up." He placed his hand on her shoulder and pushed her to one side so he could climb on the bench.

"Sirius!" She yelped, trying to shuffle away but Remus couldn't physically move up anymore.
"Wow, really must've done something wrong." James chuckled as he casually threw his arm around Lily's shoulders.
"Get off, Potter." She grabbed his hand and tossed it away.
"You held my hand! Did you see that? We're basically engaged now. My darling Lily, don't be scared about coming on too strong." He smirked. Although this caused Lily to blush a little, she attempted to cover it with a scoff.

"Harp, want some?" Remus held out a plate of pancakes to her.
"You know me so well!" She grinned, taking the dish and piling her own plate high with pancakes, "Also, sorry. I'm nearly sitting on your lap." She wiggled in her seat.
"You can if you want."
"What?"
"Nothing."

Harper furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"Hi guys," Marlene greeted, also joining the table. Although she chose to sit on the same side as Peter, Lily, and James - where there was plenty more room.
"Marl, sit here." Lily pulled the girl to sit in between her and James and opposite Sirius.

James sighed and slumped down in his seat as Marlene settled in.

"Trying out for the team this year?" Harper asked slyly, a smirk forming on her face.
"Oh yeah, I'm thinking of going for Seeker." Marlene stated proudly.

Harper could see the food in Sirius' mouth as his jaw hung open.

"I know you want girls to stick their tongue down your throat but maybe swallow your food first." Harper grimaced.

"You're trying for Seeker?" Sirius asked.
"Yeah, we need one don't we?" Marlene turned to James.
"W-well yeah." He stammered.

"Great! We'll all come and watch!" Lily beamed.
"You can watch me on a broomstick anytime you like." Potter leaned forward across the table and eyed Lily.
"Shut it, toe rag." She turned away from him.

Lily finally stood up and stormed off and out of the hall.

"Well now you've gone and done it." Harper rolled her eyes at James.
"I wish I could do her." He mumbled.

Harper picked up her fork and threw it at him, "You realise there are people trying to eat here?" She grumbled.
Remus and Sirius burst out laughing on either side of her which only caused Harper to start laughing as well.
James tried to keep a straight face but couldn't help but join in on the laughter. Soon the whole group was giggling.

"Okay, okay..." James sighed, catching his breath, "Fine Harper, if I apologise will you help me?"
"Firstly, I don't need you to apologise to me and secondly... Help with what?" She eyed him suspiciously.
James smirked confidently before leaning forward and quietening his voice, "I need your help to get Lily to like me back."

Harper pursed her lips and glanced at Marlene.

"What will I get in return?"
"When Lily and I get married you'll be invited to the wedding."
"Was I ever not going to be invited?" Harper asked, ignoring James' over confidence.
"Okay fine, I'll buy whatever new book you want." He sighed.
"Now that's a deal I can agree on," She held out her hand and James shook it.

And with that Harper rose from the table, and followed Lily's footsteps out of the hall.

"What're you playing at?" Remus hissed across the table.
"Why, whatever do you mean?" James sniggered.
"You know exactly what I mean!" He threw his spoon down onto the table.

"Hey Moony, better get practicing the speech you're going to have to give to Harper," Sirius chuckled.
"What's going on?" Marlene asked,

Remus froze in his seat, he'd completely forgotten she was there. He'd completely forgotten she didn't know anything.

"The deal is, if Lily agrees to a date with James then Remus has to confess his undying five-year-long love for Harper. Now James has Harper working to get Lily to date him and she doesn't know about the deal." Sirius explained proudly, folding his arms.

"Oh, that's quite the plan you've got Potter." Marlene eyed him curiously.
"It's going to work out for everyone," He grinned as he pushed his glasses up his nose.

"What about you Sirius? No part in it?" Marlene probed.
"Ha! No way. I'll stick to the flings I have with the girls in my fan club thanks." He smirked, before turning his head to look past her and winking at a random sixth year. The girl in the other table instantly blushed and looked flustered as she tried to stare elsewhere.

Marlene huffed and sunk down in her seat. Suddenly, a thought occurred to her.

"I'm going to find Diggory." She stated, slowly getting up from her seat.
"Why's that?" Sirius frowned.
"I heard he's into me," She shrugged, spinning around to look up and down the Hufflepuff table. Upon seeing he wasn't there she swiftly walked out of the hall, not daring to look back.

Sirius watched her back as she walked away. She was interesting.

"You know there's a plan to get you to like her." James laughed as he watched his friend stare.
"What?" Sirius blinked.
"She's joining the team and flirting with other boys to get your attention." Remus explained further, poking at his food.

"Is Harper up to this?"
"As always."
"That girl is as much a trouble maker as we are."
"Once she's tied down to Remus hopefully there won't be anymore of it."