Chapter Seventeen

(Friday 28th September)

When Niall saw Harry the next morning his stared openly at his loose shirt and blazer, red marks standing out obviously against his light skin.

‘What?’ Harry asked smirking at the dumb struck Niall ‘I can’t make girls jealous without showing off a bit.’

‘Is that what this is all for, is it?’ Niall asked looking upset and turning away ‘I’m just a tool to make them jealous.’

‘What?’ Harry asked shocked ‘No Niall!’ Harry said reaching out and grabbing Niall arm.

‘You’re always so worried about you’re fucking reputation.’ Niall hissed

‘Niall,’ Harry pulled him around to face him ‘is it really such a shock that I’m proud to have you as my boyfriend? That I want them to be jealous of me having you as my boyfriend.’

Niall stared up at Harry, his eyes wet with unshed tears.

‘Nialler,’ he said gently cupping Niall’s face ‘I care about you, ok? Not them.’

Niall continued to stare up at Harry ‘I’m sorry,’ Niall said faintly ‘I just…’

‘There’s nothing to apologise for.’ Harry said softly kissing Niall’s forehead before wrapping his arms around the smaller boy and hugging him. ‘You ok?’ He asked when Niall pulled away.

Niall nodded faintly biting his lip before reaching up and pulling his scarf off, smiling shyly.

Harry grinned at Niall ‘There now we can make the girls jealous together.’

Niall continued to nibble on his lip before standing up on his toes and pressing his lips to Harry’s. Harry closed his eyes as he kissed back carefully, it was the first time they’d actually kissed in public. As Niall dropped back onto his heels a blush spread across his cheeks.

‘You’re gorgeous.’ Harry smiling so his dimples showed ‘Come on, I wanna make ever girl in this freaking school jealous of me because my boyfriend is hotter then theirs.’

Niall smiled as they headed towards Niall’s locker.

‘I was wondering if you wanna stay at my house tomorrow night.’ Harry said while smirking at a girl who was very openly staring at the marks on both boys’ necks. ‘It’s Mum and Robin’s wedding anniversary so they’re going away on the weekend and I’ve got the place to myself.’

‘I’ll have to ask Mum, she normally lets me stay at mates houses but she might react differently because you’re my boyfriend. Maybe I just won’t tell her you’re parents aren’t going to be there.’ Niall winked at Harry.

Harry chuckled ‘That’s my cheeky little Nialler.’

_________________________________________________________________________

‘So when are you going to tell him?’ Zayn asked as he and Harry were walking to their lockers after recess.

‘Tell who what?’ Harry asked.

‘Tell Niall about the whole ‘destroying his popularity thing?’ Zayn said with raised eyebrow.

Harry looked worried ‘Why does he have to know?’ Harry asked cautiously.

‘Mate, you’re dating him so I assume you do actually like him.’ Zayn said dryly.

‘Of course I do!’ Harry replied shocked.

Zayn chuckled ‘Sorry mate, it’s just that you’ve dated a lot of people in the past that you never had any feelings for.’

‘Well Niall’s not one of them.’ Harry replied defensively.