Chapter Nineteen

(Sunday 30th September)

Harry woke before Niall the next morning. Niall was curled up in a ball pressed against Harry’s bare stomach.

I have to tell him, Harry thought. After Niall’s outburst the night before, Harry knew that Niall was serious about the relationship, so Harry had decided that Zayn was right and it was better to start the relationship without any falsehoods.

‘Niall,’ Harry whispered, shaking him gently ‘Niall.’ Harry continued more forcefully when he didn’t move.

‘What?’ Niall groaned after a moment.

‘I need to talk to you.’ Harry replied rubbing circles on Niall’s bear arms with his thumb.

‘What?’ Niall asked grumpily ‘I’m hungry.’

‘You’re always hungry.’ Harry replied rolling his eyes.

‘Yeah well it’s breakfast time.’

‘Well actually it’s lunch time.’ Harry replied.

‘When are your parents coming home?’ Niall asked rubbing his eyes.

‘In a couple of hours.’

‘It’s probably best if they don’t find their son in bed, half naked with another guy.’ Niall pulled away from Harry to smile up at him before moving to get out of bed.

‘Niall,’ Harry reached out to stop him.

‘What?’ Niall asked looking down at Harry from his now sitting position.

‘I said I need to talk to you.’ Harry replied sitting up.

‘What is it?’ Niall asked taking in Harrys conflicted look.

Harry sighed rubbing his face ‘I suppose it’s best if I just come straight out and say it.’

‘Say what Harry?’ Niall asked looking worried.

‘Niall,’ Harry reached out and took Niall’s hand ‘when I first started flirting with you, I was just mucking around and trying to make you come out of the cupboard. I thought it would be fun to try and ruin your reputation by making everyone think you were gay.’

Niall stared at Harry before yanking his hand out of Harry’s grasp.

‘I knew this was all a game to you!’ Niall hissed, jumping up off the bed.

‘Niall!’ Harry leapt up after him and blocking his path to the door ‘It’s not!’

‘You just said…’

‘I said,’ Harry cut Niall off ‘that when I started flirting with you. Niall I didn’t expect to like you, I was just… I was just being a jerk like I normally am.’ Harry said rubbing his face.

Niall chewed on his lower lip nervously.

‘Niall, I’m not playing with you and I’m not using you.’ Harry said stepping towards Niall and putting his hands on his shoulders ‘Niall,’ Harry swallowed ‘I think I love you.’

Niall’s face shot up to stare at Harry ‘What?’

‘I think I love you, Niall.’ Harry replied looking down, now just as nervous as Niall had been.

Suddenly Harry felt Niall’s lips press against his gently. When Niall pulled away he lent his forehead against Harry’s ‘I love you too, Harry.’ Niall said gently ‘Despite my better judgement.’

Harry tried to smirk but the result came out as more of a timid smile ‘What’s that meant to mean?’

‘It means,’ Niall said smirking ‘that you are a jerk; you’re cocky, arrogant and up yourself.’